Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 269: Ali & the Experts with Laura Parrott, Career Coach
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
A Side Ponytail Kind Of Day
In case you missed anything from the weekend, let me fill you in:
- On Friday, I had a hangover. That prompted a fun discussion about drinking, seeking moderation and finding balance in life.
- On Saturday, I had a great 11-mile run that left me feeling like I just may hit my goal time at the National 1/2 Marathon in two weeks. I also had a delicious brunch at Beauty & Essex on the Lower East Side.
- Sunday involved a short run, a blogger brunch, errand running and the exciting announcement that my best friend got engaged!
Now that you’re up to speed, let’s talk about Monday.
My guess is that you’re going to be hearing this a lot today from all the early-rising runners out there: It’s dark in the morning again! Boo!
I didn’t make it up for my 5:30 alarm and re-set it for 6 am. I slowly got up, got dressed, did some ab work and faked a smile for you:
I knew I’d feel good after I ran, so I headed out for 3 miles. I was shocked when I walked outside and saw this:
I felt good while running and kept a pretty strong pace. As race day approaches, I’m listening to my body more than ever. Today my body said, “Get this run over with so that when you leave the apartment again, the sun will be out.”
I did wake up today with a bit of a sore throat, but I’m really hoping that’s from sleeping with the window open and not because I’m getting sick. I plan to drink tons of water and get lots of rest this week to fight off a potential cold.
Today’s outfit is blue and yellow and polka-dotted all over.
A little side ponytail never hurt anyone, right?
I’m feeling good about this week. My To Do list —both at work and in life in general — is huge and that motivates me.
SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT: For all the runners out there, are you a morning runner, a lunchtime runner or an evening runner? Why do you prefer to run at a certain time of day? I always feel best when I run as close to waking up as possible. I have a hard time hitting my stride at night, when I’ve got a belly full of food!