Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit
When I was in kindergarten, Mrs. Forgiel taught us all that you should always say “Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit” on the first day of every month. It brings you good luck for the following 28–31 days.
It’s a habit I have stuck with for the past, oh, 20 years? Maybe it’s habit, but maybe it’s superstition. Either way, I can’t shake it. It’s the first thing I say — even if it’s in my head or a soft whisper — on the first morning of a new month.
In the spirit of a new month, I started the day with a nice 4-mile run along the river. Today it was light out when I left the apartment! My sunrise days after coming to an end soon. But here’s what I caught this morning:
It was in the mid-30s this morning, which was very comfortable. My legs felt good and I was glad I didn’t push it and run yesterday (although I did hit up a Chisel and Spinning class last night).
A new month also calls for a springy dress, don’t you think?
(For the record, I totally got busted taking a picture of myself in the office bathroom today! A coworker walked in and smiled politely. I got really awkward and made some comment about how the wind makes my eyes water. Sometimes I make no sense. She didn’t question it though. Nice girl.)
That’s all for now. I apologize for the infrequent blogging lately. I have a ton of stuff going on and with that comes a whole lot of stress. Don’t worry, I’ll be filling you in on everything soon.
Let’s all have a great month, shall we?
TELL ME: Do you have any Rabbit-ish superstitions? Any start-of-month routines you follow? Or superstitions in general? I still always make a wish when I catch the clock at 11:11.