Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Kind Words, Sore Calves
I can’t believe tomorrow is already Wednesday! I adore short work weeks.
My goal is to be ready for bed by 10 pm, which means I have to make this quick. You know what that means: list making time!
Here’s a bit about what went down today:
1. The workday flew by. I was really busy, got lots done and overall had a good day at the office. Though the aroma of past-their-prime Valentine’s Day bouquets is a bit nauseating. Let’s start trashing the dead flowers, shall we?
2. I strength trained. I had lots of time to do some strength training before spinning began. I feel like I’ve been slacking a bit in the strength training department, so it was nice to squeeze in some heavy tricep work (push-downs and dips) as well as a plank series, some abs and foam rolling.
3. I spun. Spinned? Both sound weird. I really enjoyed today’s class which included a great remix of the Rocky theme song. Must. Download. Now.
4. I walked. I didn’t feel like taking the subway across town, so I walked. Yes, it was cold out. But my iPod kept me company and I enjoyed having some Ali Time at the end of the day.
5. I laughed at my mail. This came for me today:
But these came, too!
6. I made the easiest dinner ever. Broccoli and a piece of fish from the batch my dad brought down for me. It was delicious.
7. I adored “Glee.” Don’t worry, I won’t spoil anything. But I really enjoyed tonight’s episode.
8. I got the best message ever today. Hearing from readers is always a wonderful treat. But today I got an extra special message from a college friend. She let me know that Ali On The Run has brightened her days and motivated her to start running again. I haven’t responded yet because I was somewhat floored at her kind words. Don’t worry, Cathy — I’m getting back to you tonight!
9. I have sore calves. I love being sore! I think it’s definitely from prancing around on my toes during last night’s class with Louis Van Amstel.
10. I updated my blogroll. Check it out. I’m somewhat selective about which blogs I include on my Must Reads list. There are more that I read every day, but the ones on my list are my absolute favorites that I have no reservations about recommending to you. And of course, if you have any favorites I should know about, please let me know. I love finding fabulous new gems!
And there’s my Tuesday for you!
ASK ME: I’m going to be posting a “Frequently Asked Questions” page on Ali On The Run later this week. I have a few fun questions prepared but I have plenty of room for lots more. Got a question you’re dying to ask me about running, gym classes, Crohn’s Disease, my favorite chocolate snacks or how I survive living with a messy boy? Ask away!