Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 269: Ali & the Experts with Laura Parrott, Career Coach
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
On Saturday, I ran 10 rather frustrating, difficult miles.
Yesterday, I forced myself to take a rest day.
Today, I came back with a vengeance.
After a fabulous dinner at Tony’s Di Napoli last night, ABS and I came home, watched some “Mad Men” then got to sleep nice and early.
I was shocked when I woke up this morning (I slept until 8:30 am — amazing. Can every weekend be a long weekend?) to see that the city had been blanketed with lots of beautiful, fluffy snow.
I did some stretching and some ab things, ate some breakfast and by then the snow had stopped falling.
According to the weather report, it was 28 degrees when I left the apartment. It felt much warmer though. Here’s my “It just snowed so I’m wearing lots of clothing” layering process:
I was never cold during the run and probably could have done without the vest.
The run itself was awesome. The sidewalks and the running road in Central Park were perfectly clear (good work, NYC cleanup crew!), the wind was subtle (as opposed to Saturday’s ridiculous winds) and my legs felt warm and fast.
I guess rest days can be helpful, after all.
As always, I took tons of photos while I was out. Even though I’ve seen this city covered in snow for months now, I’m not sick of it.
Hopefully you’re not sick of it either. Here are the photos I took today…
Time to tackle the day!
- Grocery shopping
- Tony’s leftovers for lunch
- Hitting up Crunch later for a very special class. Check back tonight for a full review.
TELL ME: Most people have today off (ABS and me included)! Do you have the day off? How are you spending it?