Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
I Like Jazz Hands
I’d love to say I stayed up to watch “Glee” after the Super Bowl last night, but I definitely did not. ABS and I went to a Super Bowl party in our neighborhood and though I had no interest in the game, I had plenty of interest in the mac and cheese and peanut butter brownies that were served. I’m easy to please.
But by the time we walked back to our apartment — he wanted to take a cab 10 blocks, and I insisted we walk off some of the food — I was ready to pass out. Last week I declared I’d be “catching up on sleep” this weekend, and that didn’t happen.
Catching up from the weekend? Here’s what you missed:
- I went out with the boys on Friday night and watched them drink Blue Ponies.
- I enjoyed a jam-packed Saturday that included an hour-long spin session, lots of weight training, a stop by Erica’s trunk show at Exhale Spa and some sweatpants.
- I ran the NYRR Gridiron Classic 4-mile race and PR’d, coming in at 31:12.
So yeah. I didn’t really rest, but I did have an awesome weekend.
Today is off to a great start. Want to know why? I will tell you.
Somehow, though we went to bed around 11:30 last night, I managed to pop right out of bed with my 5:30 am alarm. The first thing I did was check the weather: 37 degrees. Heat wave! I did some stretching, some abs and some teeth brushing, and I was ready for a nice run.
Ignore the bags under my eyes. I was wide awake.
It was great! I ran 4 miles, the weather was incredible, the sunrise was gorgeous and the East River path was a bit icy, but manageable. I didn’t push my speed at all, and instead just enjoyed the peacefulness of the morning.
I even saw crazy chiuahua lady.
Every morning — seriously every morning — I see this woman pushing a stroller, without a baby in it, and walking with two chiuahuas. Yesterday Ashley and I saw her in Central Park while we were running, and today, as usual, I saw her again. I cannot avoid those yappy little dogs of hers.
Blue sky. Mid-40s. Amazing.
I can’t decide how I feel about today’s getup, but here it is for your critiques.
It’s a bit more cleavage-y than I’d like, so I’m trying to sit up super-straight all day to avoid any extra…exposure?
The dress is from Express circa 2007, I think, and it sat in my closet for years with the tags still on it. I’m still trying to figure out a way to wear it that I don’t hate.
THE REST OF THE DAY:
I’ll be busy at the office with meetings and whatnot, then tonight I’m heading to the SELF magazine offices to be a taste taster for their annual food awards! Super exciting.
Have a great day, everyone!