Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
I Owe My Morning Run to “Glee”
“Glee” has done a lot to change the entertainment industry and pop culture over the past year.
I could go on and on about how much I love the show for its choreography, its brilliant casting and its spot-on, deadpan humor.
But what I probably love most about this witty, hilarious show is the music.
According to iTunes, I have more than 115 songs sung by the “Glee” cast in my music library.
And I love them all.
My point? The show has managed to affect my running and my workouts.
Last night I finally downloaded the “Glee” holiday album and I swear I was skipping on my run this morning.
During the 6.4 miles I ran in Central Park, I wasn’t thinking about the cold, the darkness or the fact that I slept through a “monumental” lunar eclipse.
I was rocking out with the cast, feeling the holiday love.
When I got back to my apartment, my knees were a bit achy, my stomach was grumbly and my face was bright red from the wind.
But I felt so, so happy. Because I had a great new playlist running with me — and I finally covered some decent distance back at an 8:30 pace.
So, good morning! Don’t you think?
TELL ME: What are your favorite running songs? I’m always looking to add more great stuff to my playlists. Here are a few of my go-to tunes, and here are a few songs I recommend right now…
- Just the Way You Are, “Glee” cast
- Letting Go, Sean Kingston feat. Nicki Minaj
- Raise Your Glass, P!nk
- Liv Tonight, Nelly & Keri Hilson
- Marry You, “Glee” cast
- Turn Around (5,4,3,2,1), Flo Rida
- Sweet Disposition, The Temper Trap
- Oh Santa!, Mariah Carey
- We Need a Little Christmas, “Glee” cast
- Jingle Bells, “Glee” cast