Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
- June 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 253: On the Job with Steph Blozy, Owner of Fleet Feet Sports West Hartford
So I wasn’t lucky enough to be one of the first 50 people to get into the 2011 NYC Marathon. There will be another lottery drawing in April, which of course feels decades away!
Until then I’ll obviously keep running as I have been (7 miles this morning—love that it’s light out again!). It’s hard not to feel sad right now. I was totally psyched up yesterday thinking I might have a shot at a random lottery drawing.
Onto the next one!
You know what makes me smile? Shiny new purchases. I did some damage yesterday but love everything I picked up. Lululemon, my credit card loves you (and so do I).
The sweatshirt will be perfect for my flight to Mexico and the long-sleeved shirt is seriously the softest thing I have ever felt. And both have thumbholes. I’m a sucker for thumbholes.
I bought the yoga mat because I really want to get into yoga—especially if I’m going to train for a marathon someday—and loosen my body up. The public mats at the gym skeeve me out, so now I have my own! I’m convinced that owning the gear will be the final motivation I need.
So despite the bummer of not getting into the NYC Marathon early, I’m still a happy girl. Today is my last workday this week. I have tomorrow off then it’s Mexico on Thursday. Yay!
Oh and tonight KICKS off the holiday season! I know, I’m so punny. I’m going to opening night of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Love those work perks. And I love the Rockettes!
Hope everyone is having a great day!