Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 210: Elle Purrier, Indoor Mile American Record Holder
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
So I wasn’t lucky enough to be one of the first 50 people to get into the 2011 NYC Marathon. There will be another lottery drawing in April, which of course feels decades away!
Until then I’ll obviously keep running as I have been (7 miles this morning—love that it’s light out again!). It’s hard not to feel sad right now. I was totally psyched up yesterday thinking I might have a shot at a random lottery drawing.
Onto the next one!
You know what makes me smile? Shiny new purchases. I did some damage yesterday but love everything I picked up. Lululemon, my credit card loves you (and so do I).
The sweatshirt will be perfect for my flight to Mexico and the long-sleeved shirt is seriously the softest thing I have ever felt. And both have thumbholes. I’m a sucker for thumbholes.
I bought the yoga mat because I really want to get into yoga—especially if I’m going to train for a marathon someday—and loosen my body up. The public mats at the gym skeeve me out, so now I have my own! I’m convinced that owning the gear will be the final motivation I need.
So despite the bummer of not getting into the NYC Marathon early, I’m still a happy girl. Today is my last workday this week. I have tomorrow off then it’s Mexico on Thursday. Yay!
Oh and tonight KICKS off the holiday season! I know, I’m so punny. I’m going to opening night of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Love those work perks. And I love the Rockettes!
Hope everyone is having a great day!