Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 260: On the Job with United States Air Force Colonel Shelly Mendieta
- July 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
Jumping on the Bandwagon
OK pumpkin people, you win. And oats people, you win, too.
For the past month, every blog I read has had at least one (usually closer to 15) post declaring the blogger’s love for pumpkin recipes in honor of fall. Just as many bloggers have been feasting on bowls of oats for breakfast every morning.
I resisted for a whole, simply because I didn’t really know how to prepare either kind of food. But last night, when I joined ABS and his family at Blue Water Grill, I gave the pumpkin ravioli a try. I. Am. Hooked.
It was so, so good. I’m really easy to please when it comes to pasta dishes, but this food was the epitome of a fall comfort food. It was just the right amount of sweet and hearty without being too heavy. Delicious (Sorry, no photo—not comfortable busting out the camera in front of his family yet!).
And then today, after a killer 11.6 mile run, I made myself some oatmeal.
In the mix:
- A few chocolate chips (I can’t resist)
It was the perfect post-run meal. My running route today was a bit different. I was coming from the Upper East Side (soon to be my ‘hood!), so I cut across the park to get to the West Side. I hadn’t run around the Reservoir in Central Park in a long time. I always forget how beautiful it is up there.
Once I got to the West Side, I continued all the way to Riverside Park, and discovered a cool monument:
I’m happy that I covered 11.6 miles today—my body is finally rested and recovered from that whirlwind Utah trip—but I experienced some brutal chafing on my run. Oh I know, I’m incredibly sexy
For some reason (any ideas, readers?) my shorts kept riding up, which they never do, and my right underarm chafed as well. I was incredibly uncomfortable.
Now it’s time to do some more packing—I’m getting there!—since moving day is officially less than one week away. Then I’m going to cheer on ABS at his soccer game before settling in for a super exciting night of laundry.