Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
“I know I wasn’t a favorite, but I felt that if a door opened, I was fully ready to sprint through it.”
When Kaitlin Goodman, a 2:32 marathoner who runs for adidas and the Boston Athletic Association, arrived at the start line of the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials, she felt fit, strong, and ready to race. Kaitlin was ranked 29th in the field of more than 500 women, and she was in Atlanta to be at the front of the race. But just half a mile into the 26.2-mile run, Kaitlin fell, and in an instant, her dreams of finishing at the top of the field were shaken. On this episode, Kaitlin vividly recounts what the day was like for her. (Warning: This one is a tear-jerker.) At the end of the episode, Kaitlin — who holds a master’s in public health from Brown University and is a consultant in the field — shares what she wishes everyone understood about the current state of the world and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Kaitlin is feeling post-Trials (5:55)
- Kaitlin recaps her race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials (12:00)
- On recovering from the race (40:35)
- Kaitlin talks about COVID-19 from the perspective of a public health professional (46:00)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
“It’s really a lesson in humans and human activity.” Welcome to the On the Job series on the Ali on the Run Show! Every Tuesday for the next seven weeks, we’ll meet cool women with interesting, fascinating, unique, badass jobs. […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
“I’m not going to throw a pity party. I’m celebrating this day. I was a part of history.” It’s so hard to believe it’s been nearly a month since we were all in Atlanta for the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials […]
My brain hurts. I am exhausted. I told myself that as soon as Annie went to bed last night, I’d sit down at my computer and hammer out as much work as possible. Instead, I sat down and stared at […]
Posted in Stress-
“I viewed myself as a runner my whole life. That was my main identity. And so when I started considering the possibility that that might be taken away from me, I just felt this grief I didn’t even know how […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 218: Anita Perez, 2:39 Marathoner, Single Mom, & Special Education Teacher
“It’s almost like I was running away from what had happened.” Anita Perez just might be one of the most inspiring, hardworking, dedicated women you’ll ever meet. She’s a 2:39 marathoner (who also runs a 1:17 half marathon), a single […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 217: What It Was Like Being in Atlanta for the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
“I wasn’t there as a runner. I wasn’t there as a sister, a mother…I was there as a fan of the sport, and as a supporter of so many of these women. And in a very different way I found […]
In honor of International Women’s Day, I sat down with an all-star panel of smart, inspiring women — Abby Bales, Rozalynn Frazier, Kelly Hogan, and Henna Rustami — to talk about everything from periods, nutrition, and diversity in running to […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 215: LIVE at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials with Sarah Cummings, Kaitlin Goodman, Amanda Nurse, Ladia Albertson-Junkans, & Jenny Donnelly
“I am here to try and find the best version of myself.” —Sarah Cummings “I am here because running makes me feel the most alive.” —Kaitlin Goodman “I’m here because I found running later in life, and it felt like […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 214: Veronica Jackson & Alex Bernardi Recap the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
“This showed me I can make more dreams — because apparently they come true!” —Veronica Jackson Last week, we heard from U.S. Olympic Trials Marathon qualifiers, friends, and former training partners Veronica Jackson and Alex Bernardi. This week, they’re back […]