Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- April 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 133: Melisse Gelula, Co-Founder of Well+Good
- April 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 132: Kate Landau, 2:33 Marathoner
- April 3, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 131: The Fifth Trimester
- April 2, 2019 by AliAnnie & Ellie
- March 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 130: Sadie Lincoln, Founder of Barre3
“If there could be a dining critic, a theater critic…why couldn’t there be a wellness critic?” —Melisse Gelula
Melisse Gelula is the co-founder of the health and fitness mega-brand Well+Good. On this episode, she talks about starting — and growing — something you believe in, and how Well+Good went from an idea to fill a hole in the publishing industry to a brand reaching more than 12 million readers every month. She talks about Well+Good’s focus, and why it’s more than green juice and SoulCycle but isn’t weight loss or looking a certain way, and talks passionately about why wellness should be taken seriously.
Big congratulations to Melisse and the Well+Good team for the launch of the Well+Good Cookbook. Head to my Instagram — @aliontherun1 — for your chance to win a copy!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was Melisse’s plan always to be a journalist? Plus how Well+Good became a reality (5:00)
- How Melisse got people to take a wellness website seriously (13:45)
- What Well+Good looks like now (18:30)
- What wellness-related things people are obsessed with right now (21:40)
- What is it like to work at Well+Good? (28:00)
- Looking at the wellness industry as an inclusive place, and what is there for people who can’t afford the fancy green juices and SoulCycle classes? (39:45)
- All about Well+Good’s annual Wellness Trends (43:00)
- What’s next for Well+Good? (47:40)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
“I had never been driven by my own desire to get help. It was always other people pushing me to do it. Once I decided on my own and hit that rock bottom, everything got better very quickly.” —Kate Landau […]
“I wanted to hug my former self. I wanted to tell her, ‘It’s OK! It’s going to be OK. It won’t be easy, but you will survive this.’” A few months ago, I recorded a solo episode talking about navigating […]
Anyone who has known me for more than .02 seconds knows that I am one of those people. My dog, Ellie, is my child. She’s my baby. My first-born. She doesn’t go to “doggy daycare” — we call it “school.” And […]
“Numbers don’t mean anything when it comes to success.” —Sadie Lincoln Sadie Lincoln is the co-founder and CEO of Barre3, the mega-popular boutique fitness brand that has more than 130 studios in the United States. On this episode, Sadie talks […]
“Start stuff. If you believe in something, just start it.” —Mary Wittenberg It was an honor to host this live show at New York Road Runners the day before the United Airlines NYC Half. I was joined by four exemplary […]
I ran a race! A half marathon! And I loved it! And I’m a little sore today! And I love it! That runner’s high, baby. Two days later, and I’m still feeling happy and yeah…sore. My quads and hamstrings, mostly. […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
“Be honest, be real, be vulnerable. That’s how you find your mental toughness.” —Dr. Nicole Detling This episode will change your life on the run. It’s a bold statement, I know, but Dr. Nicole Detling, the founder of Headstrong Consulting in […]
“Hear my voice in your head when you start trying to dig out the cysts on your face.” —Dr. Rachel Nazarian Dr. Rachel Nazarian is a dermatologist at Schweiger Dermatology in New York City, and is an assistant clinical professor […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
“Physical fitness and financial fitness are both simple. To get physically fit, we need to eat less and work out more, and to get financially fit, we need to spend less and make more. It sounds really simple, but if […]