Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 8:09 AM, exactly one year ago. We did it, baby girl. Happy Birthday! @ Hackensack University Medical Center https://t.co/8eEcFeUNFF about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Tag Archives: New York City Marathon
78 post(s) found
Well today’s edition of Thankful Things Thursday should be pretty easy, huh? After all that’s happened this week, I’m feeling extraordinarily grateful, so please allow me to let it all out. I’m thankful for the safety of my friends and […]
I have lived in New York City for almost six years. In that time, I have never felt unsafe or scared. I never felt unsafe walking home to my first apartment on East 102nd Street, naively listening to my headphones […]
Hey storm troopers! In true “the week before the New York City Marathon” fashion (remember the freak Halloween Snowtober thing last year?), there’s a heck of a storm blazing through the area. Hurricane Sandy is here, and she’s crazy! But […]
Somewhere in between the madness of traveling, working and more working, I’ve seriously neglected the Thankful Things Thursday tradition. But the “holiday” lives on! And today I’m back with plenty of things to be grateful for. So without any pithy […]
Here’s a fun fact: Up until last week, I really wasn’t excited about running the New York City Marathon. In fact, I wrote my “10 Reasons I’m Excited To Run The New York City Marathon” post last week in part […]
The New York City Marathon has played a small role in my life since I moved to New York City five years ago. The first time I watched the marathon was long before I was a runner myself. A coworker […]
Last week I tried to be all profound and was like, “Hey everyone, I learned some lessons this week and this is all my knowledge. I don’t think I’m meant for semi-high mileage running.” Oh really, Ali? Really? Is that […]
Jet lag is a real disease, people. Side effects including being wide awake when you’d rather be sleeping, and being completely exhausted when it’s time to shine. I used to secretly judge people who complained about jet lag, particularly upon […]
Hey. It’s been a while, huh? In the past five days, I’ve been on two planes, I’ve set up shop in three different hotels and I’ve slept for what feels like zero hours. On Thursday, I flew to Las Vegas […]
In April, I registered for the New York City Marathon. At the time, I wasn’t running on account of nasty shin and hip pain. By early May, the time I took off from running helped: My shin and hip pain […]