Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 about 50 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 12 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Tag Archives: New York City Marathon
78 post(s) found
In the days leading up to last year’s New York City Marathon [that wasn’t], I spent a lot of time thinking about each mile of the race. While I don’t know every step of the 26.2 mile route by heart, […]
With the New York City Marathon just a few days away, my life seems filled with unknowns. I don’t know what I’m wearing yet. The top I bought months ago is surely too small. I don’t know if I want […]
My alarm went off at 5 AM today, as planned. And, as planned, I refused to snooze. I followed my usual “I’m up, but I’m moving slowly” in-bed routine: check email, scroll through Facebook, roll eyes at everything on Facebook, […]
Having not posted in two weeks indicates a multitude of things: I’m busy. I just haven’t had time to sit down and write anything. I have too much to say. It’s hard to pick back up with something after you’ve […]
…because why use words when numbers will suffice? 10: Times I swore I was going to clean the apartment this weekend. 0: Things in the apartment that got cleaned. 5: Times I saw Buzunesh Deba, my favorite favorite favorite elite […]
I felt it so strongly this weekend. There was a chill in the air. Everything felt crisp. I could have worn shorts and a tank top or zebra-tiger sweatpants and a zip-up, and either way I would have been comfortable. […]
If 2012 was the year of “making all the mistakes,” then 2013 is the year in which I learn from all of them. With almost 1/12th of the year in the bag, I’m feeling really good about 2013. I know […]
A day late. My bad. Can we still get grateful though? Because I’m feeling it now more than ever. Ever, I tell you! And a Thankful Things Thursday by any other name — Feel Good Friday, perhaps? — is just […]
I spent 11 months in 2011 working to gain automatic entry to the New York City Marathon. I ran the requisite nine races — seriously burning out in the process — and volunteered at that year’s NYCM Expo. Finally, after […]
One major lesson I’ve learned this year is that no matter how hard you try — no matter how many pretty little To-Do lists you make — life doesn’t always follow your plan. In fact, more often than not, live […]