Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 8:09 AM, exactly one year ago. We did it, baby girl. Happy Birthday! @ Hackensack University Medical Center https://t.co/8eEcFeUNFF about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Tag Archives: New York City Marathon
78 post(s) found
Thank you all so much for the incredibly kind and supportive comments about my decision to run the marathon. You make me so very happy. The internet has been an especially tough place lately, but this little corner of it […]
Yesterday was the best day ever. The past two and a half months have included many not-so-best days ever. So I just wanted a day. I wanted one day to run the New York City Marathon, because I knew that […]
Am I running the New York City Marathon on November 6? I’m getting that question an awful lot lately! And in short, I don’t know. I hope so. I really want the answer to be yes, and in my mind, […]
LAST WEEK WAS AWESOME. Warning: This post contains an excess of exclamation points. I’ll have an update tomorrow about all-things-Crohn’s and where they stand, but I am going to insist that getting out for a run last weekend is what put me […]
The New York City Marathon is pure magic — and it’s just two weeks away! That means it’s officially time to start stalking the weather and watching inspirational videos ’round the clock, right? Everything about this race gives me happy […]
I thought I was done with my training recaps since, let’s be honest, am I really “training” right now? But this week had some little victorious and big breakthroughs, and I wanted to document them! This week marked my return […]
My first zero-mile weeks. The past two weeks have been rough — on the marathon training front and beyond. Weeks 10 and 11 of New York City Marathon training should’ve been my highest-mileage weeks thus far, but instead I didn’t run a […]
Ugh. That’s pretty much all I can say to recap Week 8 of New York City Marathon training. The week started in Vermont, took me back to New Jersey for a few days, and wrapped up in Los Angeles, which is where […]
Going into marathon training, I knew there were two things that could derail even my best efforts at training and racing: an injury or a Crohn’s flare. I am extremely un-thrilled to report that the latter decided to show up during […]
This week was pretty status quo as far as training goes. I rode my bike twice, did yoga twice, and hit my highest mileage week so far. I foam rolled more than once (OK, only twice, but still), dealt with a […]