- 3.5 days in Paris so far and I *think* I've found every public toilette in the city! #soproud… https://t.co/THZ88AaRiS about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New life goal: live in a chateau with 1,976 acres (that's three square miles!) of luscious,… https://t.co/iMiLsBhl7M about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- You can bump and grind...cause it's good for your mind. #moulinrouge #spectacularspectacular… https://t.co/keAv4bWNt7 about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Paris Day 3 [so far]: ate two pain au chocolat for breakfast, toured the Palace of Versailles,… https://t.co/JqSuyx9YNf 09:57:49 AM September 28, 2016 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- September 24, 2016 by AliA Letter To My Body
- September 21, 2016 by AliI Had My Wisdom Teeth Removed!
- September 19, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 9
- September 15, 2016 by AliThankful Things Thursday: Six Happy Things (Including A PRO Compression Giveaway!)
- September 12, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 8
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
I don’t remember when I went for my last run.
I probably have it written down somewhere, but I know looking at it and seeing just how long it’s been will make me sad. What I don’t know can’t hurt me quite as much.
So yeah. I’m still sick. Crohnsing hard. I’ve been to the doctor multiple times and they’re all perplexed because the study was working so well and I’m not showing other classic Crohn’s flare symptoms and steroids don’t work and what should we do?!
I’ve been prescribed all kinds of fun medications of the “topical variety” that don’t seem to help, and beyond that we’re all kind of at a loss.
It’s frustrating. I pictured myself working out really hard leading up to the wedding, going for awesome runs, working on my speed, and spending my Saturday mornings going long. Instead, I’m mostly confined to the couch and the bathroom, in a decent amount of pain and discomfort. With the exception of some at-home yoga (OK, one time), fitness is not happening for me.
Of course, whenever I do venture out into the wilderness (the Upper East Side, that is), I’m pretty much guaranteed to see a million happy runners. And that makes me sad. I want to be one of them. This isn’t where I envisioned myself being a few weeks out from my wedding, or ever again, really, since joining the study.
Such is life, though. You never can quite predict it.
But there’s an upside, of course. There often is, and I’m almost always willing to find it. Or create it.
The upside today is that I can’t run, but hopefully you can! And in honor of that, I want to hook you up with a pair of my very favorite running shoes: the HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 2.
As you may recall, I signed on as a HOKA ONE ONE ambassador earlier this year. The shoes are light and cushiony, and the newly-released Clifton 2 comes in all kinds of awesome colors, if you’re into that sort of thing. The Clifton 2 is a neutral road shoe that makes you feel like you’re running on clouds alongside Care Bears.
If you’re one of the curious ones who have been wanting to try the Clifton 2, here’s your chance, because I’m giving away a pair! Any size, any color, male or female. You must be in the United States to enter (sorry, international dudes).
To enter: Leave a comment on this post telling me one (or all!) of the following:
- Your favorite wedding-related TV episode or movie (we’re talking Father of the Bride, Jim & Pam from The Office, or Zack and Kelly’s awesome Saved by the Bell Vegas-but-not nuptials).
- Whether you think Rory should have ended up with Dean, Jess, or Logan. (I’ve been DVRing old episodes of Gilmore Girls on ABC Family and that’s what I do with my non-running free time now. And I say Dean. I think. Maybe. Definitely not Logan.)
- Your favorite vegetable. Mine is jicama.
- Your favorite book or magazine. Print will never die. I like the Llama Llama series, Giraffes Can’t Dance, and all of the Baby-Sitters Club books. Duh.
I’ll pick a winner at random Wednesday, September 9!
Good luck and happy running! All running should be happy. If it’s not happy, go home and watch Gilmore Girls.
I think I am officially the last person in the world to jump on the Blue Apron bandwagon. But I finally tried the food delivery service and I loooooved it. You would think that since I’ve gone freelance I would […]
I don’t know how to write this post without being overly cheesy and sappy and gushy. If you are having an “I’m angry and I want to stay that way” kind of day, I suggest proceeding with caution. My whole […]
Last week I got all stressy and overwhelmed and I morphed into this version of myself where I snapped at loved ones and cried over stupid things and generally felt overwhelmed. On top of, you know, being frustratingly sick. Brian […]
The past week or so has not been my favorite. It’s been frustrating dealing with this flare-up over the past month (longer, actually — time flies when you’re in the bathroom). After going to the doctor, all my bloodwork came […]
I went into 2015 with only one race on my calendar. I trained hard for it — too hard, maybe? — and it didn’t go well. With no marathon happening for me this fall on account of the whole wedding […]
Now this is the story all about how my wedding dress got twist-turned upside down. Now I’d like to take a minute, just sit right there, I’ll tell you about the time my dress would barely zip over my butt. […]
There is no bush worth beating around here; no lede to bother burying. The Crohn’s is back. With two months to go until the wedding. It started on July 4th. I was very excited to wake up early and run […]
Do you remember Thankful Things Thursday?! I swear I’m still a good, honest, grateful person (well, most days). I just don’t do such a good, honest, grateful job of writing about my thankfulness. Today that. all. changes. Today is the […]
I’ve gone through several stages of wedding planning. The first stage, immediately post-engagement, was EXCITEMENT. Everything was love love love and I was happy and glowing (“glowing” = riding a steady champagne buzz for the first month of our engagement) […]