Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
“There’s a fear of the foundation we’re standing on having too many cracks in it.”
Dr. Molly Millwood is a clinical psychologist and licensed psychotherapist specializing in marital therapy and intimate relationships. She’s also the author of the just-released book, To Have and To Hold: Motherhood, Marriage, & the Modern Dilemma. On this episode, Dr. Millwood expands on many of the new-mom-related topics she covers in her brilliant book, including guilt, shame, missing life before baby, marriage after baby, gender roles for new parents, and social media. Dr. Millwood lives in Vermont with her husband and two sons.
Thank you to Sweaty Betty for sponsoring Motherhood Mondays on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to sweatybetty.com and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your purchase.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What tends to hold new moms back from going to therapy (8:00)
- The shame and guilt surrounding new motherhood (13:00)
- On missing “life before baby” (21:00)
- Why no one is talking about what their romantic relationships are like after having a baby (25:00)
- How couples can improve their communication when talking about tough stuff (34:30)
- On expectations (40:20)
- How social media affects new moms (44:50)
- Some of the most common reasons women come to Molly for therapy (48:00)
- What does a first-time therapy session actually look like? (54:00)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
Hi! I really miss daily blogging! It’s not something I can sustain right now (and hasn’t been for a while), but I do miss it. And maybe someday soon I’ll get back into a routine here. And today, since I […]
Posted in Happy Things-
Ali on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
“You are never going to be the woman you were before, and that’s great. Because this woman you are now is so much stronger, more powerful, capable of doing so much more. But you’ve gotta give her some time and […]
“If you are struggling, it does not mean that you are failing. It does not mean that you’re doing something wrong. It just means that you are coming up against some hurdles, whether they’re physical or mental or emotional, and […]
My mom and brother came to visit last week. It was so great having them both here, for many reasons, but one thing stands out. On Wednesday, we drove to Dresher, PA, to surprise my grandmother (Honey!) for her 95th […]
Posted in Baby-
“Everything I thought would happen did not happen.” Sashea Lawson is perhaps best known by her social media moniker: “Sassy Fit Girl.” Sashea is a mom to 2.5-year-old Skye and three-month-old Marley, and on this episode she talks about what […]
“Be happy with your life! Run races that are exciting to you. Set goals that are exciting to you. Maybe it’s a goal that everyone in the world has. Maybe it’s something that no one has. It doesn’t matter. Just […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 150: Motherhood Mondays with Jill Koziol & Liz Tenety, Co-Founders of Motherly
“I wish I knew that it was normal to feel this way.” —Jill Koziol When Jill Koziol and Liz Tenety were new moms, they felt alone, terrified, and overwhelmed by this new adventure. Five — soon to be six — […]
“There’s a lot of work that goes into this, and we take it really seriously.” —Sarah Lorge Butler Welcome to the first-ever Ali on the Run Show roundtable! I was thrilled and honored to get to have this conversation with […]
Gabe Grunewald was a guest on Episode 62 of the Ali on the Run Show. You can listen to that episode here. In light of the latest news from Gabe’s loving husband, Justin, I went back and listened to that […]
Posted in Running-