Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- No, THIS is the best age! Though it’s also, apparently, the most challenging for getting a nice photo, because this… https://t.co/u4AYHU515l about 18 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy FOURTH Birthday, Ellie! No one appreciates a seven-layer deli meat cake quite like you do. @ Weehawken Waterf… https://t.co/uuZkO7s86p 08:35:45 PM September 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
- September 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 169: Emily Sisson
“I’ve always been about working hard and going after things that you are excited about and passionate about and working your ass off. That’s the only way to make it happen. No one else is going to make it happen for you.” —Anna Kaiser
You may know Anna Kaiser as the creator, founder, and CEO of the dance cardio brand AKT. Maybe you’ve taken — and barely survived — her class, either in person or with AKT On Demand. Or maybe you recognize her from her professional dance days, performing on the Fame tour and dancing in the best movie ever, Enchanted. Or, let’s be honest, maybe you know her as Kelly Ripa’s workout BFF, or as the woman credited for keeping Shakira in shape.
On this episode, Anna talks about going from a wannabe opera singer in Zurich to an entrepreneur on the brink of opening 300 studios nationwide. She shares the mistakes, missteps, and challenges she’s faced along the way, talks about why she wanted to improve upon the boutique fitness industry, and opens up about how becoming a mom two years ago changed her at home, in the studio, and beyond.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What were Young Anna’s dreams for the future? (3:00)
- Anna reflects on her college experience and explains why it wasn’t everything she’d hoped it would be (8:15)
- Why Anna decided to move on from the dance world (12:00)
- How AKT was born, and how Anna stood out in the boutique fitness industry (15:00)
- How Anna became fitness BFFs with Kelly Ripa (21:00)
- How Anna has cultivated an empowering community (22:50)
- Why Anna decided to franchise (25:45)
- How Anna become business savvy, and the bad business decisions she’s made along the way (31:25)
- Anna’s take on the state of the fitness industry, now and in the future (34:30)
- Anna opens up about motherhood, including returning to work post-birth, having help, and “balance” (39:45)
- Does Anna have any insecurities? Plus, what she says she’s proudest of (46:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
I’ve been a mom for four and a half months, and it’s officially fun. It’s still hard sometimes. Definitely. I still don’t quite know what I’m doing most of the time, and I still don’t leave my house with Annie nearly […]
It almost seems silly to finally get around to publishing this post. So much has already changed since I documented this day two or three weeks ago. Annie is sleeping better some nights (HOORAY), I’m no longer sleeping on her […]
“I said I want to be the best. But at what?” —Bree Branker Baby Bree Branker dreamed about growing up and becoming a professional dancer. By 19, after attending a performing arts high school, she’d made that happen, as a […]
“Running made me better for our relationship outside of running. It gave me something to give to myself.” —Matt Powers I love running and I love love, so what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with a live show […]
I love Valentine’s Day. I feel like it’s not cool to unabashedly love Valentine’s Day. “It’s a Hallmark holiday,” the people say. I don’t know who “the people” are, but I feel like that’s what they say. That it’s cheesy. […]
Two years ago, I woke up and there it was: the Ali on the Run Show in all its hot pink glory on iTunes. My passion project was live and ready for listening! I launched having no idea what I […]
I remember at some point when Brian and I were dating (feels like a lifetime ago!), thinking there was no way we’d ever be able to have kids. My rationale? We both liked to do long workouts on Saturday mornings. […]
“Motherhood, for me, over the past three and a half months, has involved a lot of waves. I’ve ridden them and at times I’ve been drowning. Other times I’m treading water and managing to stay afloat, no matter how exhausted […]
“Stay true to yourself. It gets really good on the other side, when you’re a good person and you follow your gut on who you want to be around and what you want to do with your life.” —Julie Brazitis […]