Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- To many, he’s @brian_cristiano. But Annie and Ellie get to know him as silly, goofy, will-do-anything-for-his-girls… https://t.co/fnclO88Njb about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A rare photo of Annie not smiling, because it has been a WEEK. We’ve had a rash that won’t quit, screaming, crying,… https://t.co/84nGQlqI1o 08:15:14 PM June 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
- June 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 148: April Cargill on Becoming a Marathoner at 50
- June 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
- June 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 146: Motherhood Mondays with Kate Parker, Author of Strong is the New Pretty
“I had already gotten so far, and I just wasn’t willing to look back. That involved pushing my comfort zone and doing something I maybe wasn’t the best at.” —Emily Abbate
Emily Abbate is a freelance writer, editor, and content creator, a certified personal trainer, a marathoner, and the host of the Hurdle podcast. On this episode, Emily talks about her own #hurdlemoment, and what it took for her to lose 70 pounds — no quick fixes or fad diets included. She talks about her impressive journalism career, and shares how she rebounded after being laid off — twice. Plus, she opens up about confidence and failure, and dishes out life lessons galore.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was this the life young Emily Abbate saw for herself? (2:15)
- Emily shares her own hurdle moment, and opens up about how she lost 70 pounds and learned to love running (4:00)
- How Emily became a super successful journalist and magazine editor (13:00)
- Whether Emily sees herself as a risk taker (18:00)
- Emily’s journey through the publishing industry, including being laid off — twice — and how she’s developed her confidence (19:00)
- How Emily ended up freelancing, and the hustle it requires (31:30)
- What a day in the life of Emily Abbate looks like (37:50)
- Emily’s best advice for aspiring journalists (48:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Emily’s meditation book: Journey to the Heart
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
“When I think something is hard or challenging, I think of how I’m going to grow from it.” —Stephanie Bruce Happy TCS New York City Marathon Week! The professional field is stacked this year, and among the top competitors is […]
On one hand, it feels like Annie just made her grand entrance. (She’s two weeks today!) On the other hand, I feel like she’s been here forever. She has already grown and changed so much, and in the 14 days since […]
Annie Leigh Cristiano made her grand entrance on Tuesday, October 16, 2018, at 8:09 AM. She was born one week before her due date at Hackensack University Medical Center, clocking in at 5 lbs. 10 oz., and measuring 17.5 inches […]
“I hope I’m always willing to be wrong, willing to learn, and able to get better.” —Lauren Fleshman Lauren Fleshman is many things: She’s a retired professional runner, a coach, the co-founder of Picky Bars, the co-creator of the Believe training […]
It’s the last weekly recap post! If you’ve checked in at all, you know how this one ends. (!!!) But in the spirit of documenting it all, here’s a not-super-relevant-now look back at my 38th — and final — week […]
“Make it important. Make a goal, and make time for it. It’s not about ‘no excuses,’ but make it a priority.” —Ashley Fizzarotti Ashley Fizzarotti — best known on the internet as “Running Bun” — joins the Ali on the Run […]
Having never been pregnant before, pretty much everything about the past nine-ish months has been a surprise. The day I found out I was pregnant (the day after Valentine’s Day — I wondered why my hangover was so bad even though […]
“You can have success and you can have money and you can have the best job in the world, but you’re only going to sleep well at night if you’re happy with who you are.” —Jeannie Klisiewicz You probably know […]
I’ll be honest, Week 37 felt long! Good, fine, great, wonderful, but so much seemed to happen and change within the course of the week. It started super strong, but I swear at some point, baby gained like 12 pounds in […]