Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- THREE DAYS LEFT to complete your @nyrr Virtual Valentine's Duo 5K! (I'm doing mine tomorrow with Ellie! She doesn't… https://t.co/eI7OsvwJQ8 about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Running made me better for our relationship outside of running. It gave me something to give to myself.” —Matt Pow… https://t.co/D02ghYtnM8 01:33:54 PM February 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 119: Love on the Run LIVE at New York Road Runners
- February 12, 2019 by AliI Love Love
- February 11, 2019 by Ali2 Years of the Ali on the Run Show
- February 7, 2019 by AliOn Exercise & Body Stuff After Baby
- February 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 118: A Message From Ali
“I felt relieved. I knew mentally and physically, I was not ready to be on that starting line.” —Michele Gonzalez
The last time Michele Gonzalez (AKA “NYC Running Mama”) was on the show, she was gearing up to run the 2017 Boston Marathon. During that episode, Michele and I joked about someday being pregnant at the same time — and now here we are, both expecting babies this fall! Michele is a full-time working mom of two, and her third child is due in November. On this episode, she talks about her pregnancy, what her running looked like over the past year, and whether she has any postpartum running goals. She also shares her secrets for snapping those gorgeous sunrise running photos!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Michele shares all the exciting news about her pregnancy (1:45)
- How Michele’s recent running goals factored into her decision to have a baby right now (8:30)
- How Michele dealt with and got through a tough running year in 2017 (11:45)
- Whether Michele has any big postpartum running goals, and the pressure she felt in the past to return to running and racing soon after having a baby (16:00)
- Michele opens up about whether she’s worried to take time off from work post-baby (21:00)
- Michele’s best advice for getting back into the workforce after taking time off to raise a family (28:45)
- Michele shares her secret to getting those gorgeous sunrise running shots (31:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
“I don’t think I’ll ever retire. If something motivates me, I want to go for it.” —Kara Goucher Kara Goucher is back on the Ali on the Run Show, talking about her new book, Strong, how keeping a confidence journal changed her […]
The last week of the second trimester! I barely know what day it is right now. Life has been so crazy lately, and we moved this week, so I don’t really know. But here’s how the last week of the […]
“I now live in a barn with an elderly schnauzer, surrounded by goats.” —Emily Halnon Emily Halnon was the very first guest on the Ali on the Run Show, and now she’s back to kick off What’s New With You […]
“It’s never too late to do what you wanted to do growing up. But it’s not going to come easy, and no one’s going to hand it to you.” —Katie Burke Katie Burke is the Chief People Officer at HubSpot, […]
Before I was pregnant, I remember thinking it was crazy or weird that women always referenced their pregnancy progress in weeks. How did they always know exactly what week they were in? Wasn’t it hard to keep track? And why […]
“I had no idea there was a camera on me. But yes, I have seen all the memes.” — Ryan Linden If Ryan Linden’s last name sounds familiar, that’s because yes, he is married to 2018 Boston Marathon champion Desiree […]
Week 25 was amazing for two big reasons: the giraffe and the movement. First, the giraffe. The long story is here. And when that little rocking giraffe arrived at our apartment in Brian’s arms, I thought I was going to […]
Remember five days ago when Instagram decided to enable the “Questions” feature on Instagram Stories? That was fun! At least for a few minutes, right? I got so many good questions, but fun fact about me (and, I imagine, many […]
“You have to be OK with hearing no, but also not letting that be the last thing that you hear.’” — Tim Murphy Tim and Jessica Murphy are the husband-and-wife team behind BibRave — the Yelp for running races. They’re […]