- New post: A letter to my misbehaving body. https://t.co/DkeqB3vIZu about 4 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Puppy's backpack is all packed and she's ready to go to Paris! 🐢 https://t.co/gL9W3IBqL1 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: I wrote this yesterday in a fit of frustration & sadness. A little different for me, but...here you go. https://t.co/DkeqB3vIZu about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Five years ago, I ran my first marathon. I had my coach, friends, and family with me every step… https://t.co/giYcQONSrc about 15 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- September 24, 2016 by AliA Letter To My Body
- September 21, 2016 by AliI Had My Wisdom Teeth Removed!
- September 19, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 9
- September 15, 2016 by AliThankful Things Thursday: Six Happy Things (Including A PRO Compression Giveaway!)
- September 12, 2016 by AliNew York City Marathon Training: Week 8
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Consider this a twist on Thankful Things Thursday.
This week has been the excitingly busy kind of nuts. But amidst the madness, there are some things I’m really into right now. Let’s discuss…
Running! Running continues to go watchless and well. Nothing much to report. I run 3–4 times per week, which seems to be a happy place for me. My runs are generally around five miles during the week. Nothing crazy. It keeps me excited for every time I get to run, and I don’t get bored.
Running with friends! I rarely run solo these days! I run with my interval group on Tuesdays, with November Project and Wednesdays and Fridays, and then by myself on Saturdays. But “by myself” = with thousands of other Central Parkers on any given Saturday morning, so I’m hardly flying solo.
Friday Night Lights. I just started watching Friday Night Lights. I had never seen a single episode but have of course heard great things. In just one week, I have almost finished Season 1, and I am hooked. Tammy Taylor is my hero-idol, Minka Kelly is the prettiest, worst actress ever, and Tim Riggins <3 <3 <3 <3 <3. Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t stop watching.
My new Alo leggings. I attended a Fashion Week event at Bandier last week (and spent some QT with Australian darling Sjana Elise Earl), and I left with not one but two new pairs of leggings. These ones are my “casual” pants, and these ones are how I dress up now, because I wear them out with boots instead of to sweaty fitness things.
Taking Ellie to the dog park! We took her for the first time on Saturday and it was so much fun (for all of us)! It was nice letting her run around off-leash (it’s all fenced in, so there’s no worry of her taking off) and totally wear herself out. It took us 15 minutes to get there and 45 to walk home. She was beat, and proceeded to sleep for two days.
And on the workout front…
AKT in Motion. I took owner Anna Kaiser‘s class, and she managed to successfully kick my ass while convincing me I was just at some fun, 7 AM dance party. Totally my style. I loved it and had so much fun.
Flex Pilates AKA the fancy torture chamber where I died on Monday night. This was my first Pilates reformer class, and holy shit. My abs are still sore today, four days later. I sneezed on Tuesday and almost burst into tears because it was so painful.
I took class with Jenn Seracuse and I very highly recommend her. She’s a gem, was so helpful, and gave me a ton of positive reinforcement and motivation even though I’m fairly certain I did every move wrong and got to each set 10 counts late because I could never figure out the machine. It’s fine.
Tone House AKA “The Hardest Workout in New York City.” The warmup alone crushed me. I was sweating and panting and sprinting and jumping over bags and trying not to get lapped. And that was the warmup. This is not for the faint of heart, nor for the lazy. It’s all very challenging but still totally rah-rah-go-team (almost in a November Projecty way).
I spent the duration of the hour-long workout trying to keep up with Karlie Kloss, and I was on her relay team and I wanted to be friends because she is OMG perfect. Only turns out, it wasn’t Karlie Kloss. It was just a girl who happens to be really fit and very pretty. Whatever works for motivation, right?
My haircut. It’s so happy and healthy and soft again! But I wish I had gone just an inch or two shorter. YOLO.
Writing all day every day. Including but not limited to…
- This piece about creating a lunch cohort at your office. Really regretting not doing this during my Dance Spirit days. Ellie never makes me lunch.
- “Katy Perry tried Transcendental Meditation and she liked it.” I got to have some fun with the headline and Left Shark references, so that’s a win for me.
- This one about all these delicious lunches and dinners I want to try. (Start delivering uptown, Maple!)
- And a lot about millennials, like how they like to run hard and drink wine.
The LOL-worthy lifestyles of the rich and Kardashian. It’s no secret I am endlessly amused and entertained by this wacky family. So this brought me great joy and many LOLs.
This video, which I’ve been blasting for several days now. Hamilfans unite!
Ellie, and how snuggly she is with me every night. We lasted three whole nights with the “Ellie sleeps in her crate” rule. And she was fine with it. But I missed her. So now she sleeps in bed with us, either on top of my legs, or snuggled in between Brian and me, and it’s the best. She likes to be little spoon and sometimes I just lie there at night, awake and creepy, listening to her little breathing noises.
WILL YOU SHARE WITH ME? What are you loving lately? Gimme something good.
It’s been a long, crazy week around here. Last Saturday, our sweet little puppy hopped her front paws onto our [way too low] coffee table, where a [full] glass of water was conveniently situated next to my [open and on] laptop. That’s […]
I ran the New York Road Runners Gridiron 4-Miler in 2011 as the first of my nine races to qualify for the New York City Marathon. I had barely been racing at the time, and I remember loving it. I felt […]
Well…this was bound to happen. This may as well be Ellie On The Run at this point. But since I take 600 photos of Ellie a day and exercise serious restraint by only posting one or two per day, I thought, […]
At the end of puppy class on Sunday, our teacher said, “Bring something kind of weird or different to wear for the next class.” I immediately perked up. We have just the thing for Ellie to wear! Upon further clarification, apparently […]
I was in a pretty foul mood this morning. Life is so hard. I got to bed late last night, so I chose not to go to yoga this morning as planned. I was stressing over my schedule and trying to […]
I’ve done a bit of soul searching this week. Not for any particular reason. Nothing’s wrong. Life’s just fine. Yay hooray! But I’ve been feeling more introspective than normal. (I blame this on the fact that I spend a lot of […]
Happy New Year! So far my 2016 has been pretty status quo. I have no big (or small, for that matter) 2016 goals, resolutions, defining words, or themes. Instead, I just intend to live as simply and happily as possible. I […]
This post will be sappy and cheesy and it will include wedding photos and puppy photos and all the things that have made me smile the hugest in 2015. You’ve been warned. Joy ahead. When I look back at 2015, […]