Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- January 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 115: Tatyana McFadden, 17-Time Paralympic Medalist
- January 15, 2019 by AliAnnie's Favorite Things: 3-Month-Old Must-Haves
- January 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 114: The Fourth Trimester
- January 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 113: Meaghan Murphy, Executive Editor at Good Housekeeping
- January 2, 2019 by AliMotherhood
“Running is important, but it’s not everything.” —Janae Baron
When Janae Baron was on the Ali on the Run Show last December, she was 37 weeks pregnant, so needless to say, she’s seen some big changes now that she has an eight-month-old daughter, Skye, added to her six-member family! On this episode, Janae talks about how that transition has gone, and what the biggest challenges and surprises have been so far. She opens up about the easy parts, the hard parts, and, of course, the running-related parts. Plus, a very special guest at the beginning of the episode!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How life has been for Janae since becoming a family of six (4:40)
- What Janae says has been the biggest surprise about adding a baby to the family (7:50)
- How having a baby with Andrew has impacted their marriage (9:45)
- What Janae’s recovery and return to running after having Skye was like (12:00)
- Janae opens up about her experience with feeling depressed and sad during pregnancy (18:00)
- Janae shares her current race goals, plans, and dreams — and talks about whether that sub-3:00 marathon goal is still on her mind (23:45)
- What Janae says she’s most excited about right now (39:20)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
“Expectations obviously are higher now. But I put them on myself.” —Allie Kieffer When Allie Kieffer was on Episode 46 of the Ali on the Run Show last November, she was fresh off a fifth-place finish at the 2017 TCS […]
“I felt relieved. I knew mentally and physically, I was not ready to be on that starting line.” —Michele Gonzalez The last time Michele Gonzalez (AKA “NYC Running Mama”) was on the show, she was gearing up to run the […]
“I don’t think I’ll ever retire. If something motivates me, I want to go for it.” —Kara Goucher Kara Goucher is back on the Ali on the Run Show, talking about her new book, Strong, how keeping a confidence journal changed her […]
The last week of the second trimester! I barely know what day it is right now. Life has been so crazy lately, and we moved this week, so I don’t really know. But here’s how the last week of the […]
“I now live in a barn with an elderly schnauzer, surrounded by goats.” —Emily Halnon Emily Halnon was the very first guest on the Ali on the Run Show, and now she’s back to kick off What’s New With You […]
“It’s never too late to do what you wanted to do growing up. But it’s not going to come easy, and no one’s going to hand it to you.” —Katie Burke Katie Burke is the Chief People Officer at HubSpot, […]
Before I was pregnant, I remember thinking it was crazy or weird that women always referenced their pregnancy progress in weeks. How did they always know exactly what week they were in? Wasn’t it hard to keep track? And why […]
“I had no idea there was a camera on me. But yes, I have seen all the memes.” — Ryan Linden If Ryan Linden’s last name sounds familiar, that’s because yes, he is married to 2018 Boston Marathon champion Desiree […]
Week 25 was amazing for two big reasons: the giraffe and the movement. First, the giraffe. The long story is here. And when that little rocking giraffe arrived at our apartment in Brian’s arms, I thought I was going to […]