Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
- July 31, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 160: Kaitlin Goodman, Professional Runner for the Boston Athletic Association
- July 24, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 159: Mirinda Carfrae, 3-Time Ironman World Champion
“I was smiling the whole time — even when it hurt really bad. I was so happy and thankful to be out there.”
Lindsey Hein, host of I’ll Have Another with Lindsey Hein, is a returning guest on the Ali on the Run Show. Last month, Lindsey and I — along with fellow podcast hosts Carrie Tollefson and Tina Muir — did a live show during Boston Marathon weekend. But we wanted to keep the fun going! So Lindsey and I reconvened this week to talk about how Lindsey’s Boston Marathon went (her first postpartum race since having baby number four!), what her training leading up to Boston looked like, and what’s next on her race calendar. Then, we talk all things podcasting, including our most-downloaded episodes, biggest surprises, and rejections.
Thank you to the New York Road Runners Virtual Dog Jog 5K for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE to register (it’s free!) and complete your run today. Everybody’s doing it!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Lindsey reflects on the 2019 Boston Marathon, including her training leading up to the race and how race day went (2:40)
- Is there pressure that comes with knowing people are tracking you and following along during races? Plus, what’s next on Lindsey’s race calendar (17:00)
- Lindsey’s expert advice for a 4-ish-hour marathoner who wants to maybe Boston Qualify someday (22:00)
- Rehashing the Boston live show (28:30)
- Lindsey chats all things podcasting, including her most popular episodes, the potential guest who turned her down, and dream guests (34:35)
- Lindsey’s take on the current state of the running podcast world (45:00)
- How Lindsey gets it all done (52:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
“I was like, really?! I just launched a podcast, I have a live show coming up, I grew my blog, I’m killing myself to kill it in my career — and you’re going to congratulate me on this? On being […]
“We talk so much about the physical changes — but I wish we talked more about the emotional pieces in pregnancy.” Welcome to the first episode in a 10-part Motherhood Mondays series on the Ali on the Run Show. The minute […]
“I’m in a position where I can help make decisions that put images out there of diverse people. That’s very special, and it’s an important job.” Rozalynn “Roz” Frazier is the senior health editor at Health magazine, where she’s worked for […]
“This community brought me back to life.” I was thrilled to share the Generation UCAN stage during Boston Marathon weekend alongside fellow running podcast hosts Lindsey Hein of I’ll Have Another, Tina Muir of Running For Real, and Carrie Tollefson […]
“If there could be a dining critic, a theater critic…why couldn’t there be a wellness critic?” —Melisse Gelula Melisse Gelula is the co-founder of the health and fitness mega-brand Well+Good. On this episode, she talks about starting — and growing […]
“I had never been driven by my own desire to get help. It was always other people pushing me to do it. Once I decided on my own and hit that rock bottom, everything got better very quickly.” —Kate Landau […]
“I wanted to hug my former self. I wanted to tell her, ‘It’s OK! It’s going to be OK. It won’t be easy, but you will survive this.’” A few months ago, I recorded a solo episode talking about navigating […]
Anyone who has known me for more than .02 seconds knows that I am one of those people. My dog, Ellie, is my child. She’s my baby. My first-born. She doesn’t go to “doggy daycare” — we call it “school.” And […]
“Numbers don’t mean anything when it comes to success.” —Sadie Lincoln Sadie Lincoln is the co-founder and CEO of Barre3, the mega-popular boutique fitness brand that has more than 130 studios in the United States. On this episode, Sadie talks […]