Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s hard not to play the comparison game sometimes when it comes to running and social media. Every weekend morni… https://t.co/aM5H9M1OmL about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everything’s better in the off-season. 😎 @ Asbury Park Boardwalk https://t.co/lQSHJQD2c2 02:45:55 PM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- NYC runners, I am so sad I can't go to this, but YOU SHOULD! A great lineup sharing @nycmarathon tips, advice, and… https://t.co/uFMAjhepeC 07:34:49 AM October 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My gift to myself for surviving my first year of motherhood was the gift of family photos — taken by the same perso… https://t.co/BSf4zcicWd 07:33:24 AM October 17, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
“When you show up with this army, this incredible mob of people around you who are willing to believe in you and tell you that you can do it… Who the hell are you to disagree?”
Emily Saul is the co-leader of November Project’s Boston tribe, where she leads free weekly workouts for up to 1,000 eager Bostonians who are looking to get fit, enjoy their city, and form powerful human connections. Emily is a powerful force for positive change, and she’s all about bringing a sense of warmth and community to cities that may otherwise feel cold and distant. (November Project is currently in 45 cities worldwide.) Proof she’s crazy strong: Emily has set an annual goal for herself to do 40,000 push-ups a year. (And she’s done it the last two years in a row!) Emily is also a former collegiate rower, and works for the Life is Good Kids Foundation.
Join me for Emily’s push-up challenge! Starting February 8, I’m committing to 50 push-ups a day for the next 30 days. Join the fun and share your daily push-up progress using the hashtag #alispushupparty.
Here’s what you’ll get in this episode:
- What November Project actually is & how it creates community (2:55)
- What it’s like hugging and high fiving people at 5:30 AM (10:10)
- How Emily found November Project (11:05) & eventually became a co-leader (14:05)
- What the famous Harvard Stadium workout entails and feels like (22:00)
- Emily’s best tips for working out in the very early morning (28:00)
- How Emily fits workouts into her busy schedule (30:00)
- Emily’s history with athletics and sports — including what it was like being a collegiate rower (32:00)
- How Emily got into marathon running (36:30)
- Emily answers: What’s the deal with the push-ups? (Plus her challenge for everyone listening!) (42:15)
- All about Emily’s job with the Life Is Good Kids Foundation (50:30)
What We Mention on this Episode:
Follow November Project:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
“It was this weird moment of knowing I was on the precipice of my entire life being about to change. And that was terrifying. The moment I had been the most scared of my entire life was about to come, […]
“I went on this amazing trip, and I thought everything would change. But your problems don’t just go away because you run away. They will follow you anywhere until you fix them.” This episode got a little heavy. Last Friday […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 56 Guest: Susan Pass Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play “You should talk more and smile. It’s my favorite.” Susan Pass — best known on the internet as “Susan Runs” and as the blogger behind “Nurse […]
Back in August, my friend Erin (“Feeney,” from this point on — she’s the one I’m always hugging at finish lines) sent an email to a handful of friends, myself included. Subject: Your JetBlue Vacations Itinerary And then, in just […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 55 Guest: Nick Symmonds Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play “I wanted to prove to everyone that all the sacrifices I’d made and dumb decisions I made were worth it.” Nick Symmonds was a professional track […]
I’m really excited about 2018. I have a few New Year’s Resolutions. Nothing groundbreaking, just checklist-y things I want to (I will) accomplish this year. And since I believe everything good comes from putting your big dreams out there, here are […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 54 Guest: Gwen Jorgensen Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play “It’s easy as an athlete to know what your body is saying, but it’s very hard to listen to it.” Gwen Jorgensen is a professional triathlete, […]
A few weeks ago, I decided it was time to start gathering my favorite photos from the past 12 months to build my annual “Best of the Year” Facebook album. OK, so I’ve only done this “tradition” once, in 2016, […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 53 Guest: Kate Grace Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play It’s been a big few years for professional runner and Olympian Kate Grace. In 2016, the Yale graduate won the Olympic Trials in the 800-meter event […]