Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- https://t.co/nGN0SvKefG about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: My Bermuda Triangle Challenge recap. This was SO FUN! Saying yes is the best. https://t.co/nGN0SvKefG about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- TK Steps! https://t.co/mmi1tjTn1p 06:48:25 PM January 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So if I have a really bad (like, giant, painful) blister on my foot...and now I am pretty sure I have a fever...is… https://t.co/5ljnjivxs2 01:52:57 PM January 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 56: Susan Pass, Nurse & 3:18 Marathoner
- January 17, 2018 by AliBermuda Triangle Challenge 2018 Recap
- January 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 55: Nick Symmonds
- January 4, 2018 by AliLife in 2018
- January 3, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 54: Olympic Gold Medalist Gwen Jorgensen
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Janae Baron
This week, I am thrilled to welcome to the Ali on the Run Show my dear friend — and everyone’s favorite running blogger — Janae Baron! Before we get to that, please join me in congratulating Janae and her family on the arrival of their newest member, Skye Jo, born December 9!
Janae is the beloved personality behind the popular Hungry Runner Girl blog. Janae is a super speedy runner who lives in Utah with her husband, Andrew, their kids (Brooke, Knox, and now Skye!), and their dog, Beretta. Janae was nearly 37 weeks pregnant when we recorded this episode and, as always, was just as sweet, positive, and bubbly as she is on the internet — plus, she was willing to get super honest about everything.
Throughout this episode, Janae and I chat about her struggles with amenorrhea, dating after divorce, running before, during, and after her pregnancies, how negative comments really make her feel, and both the beautiful and challenging parts of raising a blended family. She opens up about how she actually makes a living as a blogger, talks about her game-changing blog post that got 600 comments, debunks some common Mormon myths, and shares more about her past with disordered eating, and whether she now considers herself fully recovered. (I smiled throughout this entire conversation, but then Janae made me weepy when she talked about how she found her place in Knox’s life. So prepare to experience every emotion throughout this episode!)
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 49 Guest: Abby Bales Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play Abby Bales is the founder of Reform Physical Therapy, which is all about keeping pregnant and postpartum women healthy, active, and injury-free during and after pregnancy. […]
At the end of 2016, I was very sick. In an effort to cheer myself up and not be too down on the fact that the past few months of the year hadn’t shaped up the way I would’ve wanted […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 48 Guest: Sally Bergesen Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play Sally Bergesen is the founder and CEO of Oiselle, a women’s athletic apparel company now celebrating its 10th year in business. On this episode, Sally shares […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 47 Guest: Brian Cristiano Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play Three years ago, my now-husband, Brian Cristiano, and I lined up at the start of two very different Turkey Trots. Though both races were five miles, […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 46 Guest: Allie Kieffer Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play Shalane Flanagan may have won this year’s TCS New York City Marathon, but the next American to cross the line was Allie Kieffer, who finished in […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 45 Guest: Andrea Barber Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play Today, the Ali on the Run Show is going Gibbler! I am so excited to welcome Andrea Barber — best known as Full House’s wacky next-door […]
Saturday was the best day I’ve had in months. In fact, it may have been the best day I’ve had since this same weekend last year. I’d been enjoying a pretty good two-week stretch. Before that, things had been rough. […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 44 Guest: Chris Heuisler Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play You are in for a treat today! On this episode, Chris Heuisler, the National Run Concierge for Westin Hotels and Resorts, shares his most embarrassing running story. […]
The Ali on the Run Show Episode 43 Guest: Kara Goucher Listen on iTunes I SoundCloud I Overcast I Stitcher I Google Play Kara Goucher is a professional distance runner with loads of podiums, medals, and titles under her Oiselle-sponsored belt. She lives in Boulder, CO, with her husband, […]