Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
“I’m still not sure which was crazier: me finishing second, or the response to me finishing second.” — Sarah Sellers
After the 2018 Boston Marathon, everyone wanted to meet second place finisher Sarah Sellers. She joined the Ali on the Run Show just two days after her triumphant finish in Boston — and that episode went on to become the most-downloaded episode of the show ever. Today, Sarah is still a nurse anesthetist living in Arizona, but her life looks a little different post-Boston. She’s no longer and unknown, unsponsored runner — she signed with Altra soon after Boston — and she’s $75,000 richer thanks to the Boston Marathon. On this episode, she looks back at that day in Boston and how her life has changed since, and shares her big racing plans for the fall.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What the days and weeks after the Boston Marathon were like for Sarah (2:05)
- What it was like returning to work after Boston (4:45)
- What Sarah’s post-Boston recovery was like (6:00)
- How Sarah spent her $75,000 Boston Marathon prize money (7:30)
- How Sarah became sponsored post-Boston, what that process was like, and why she chose to partner with Altra (10:10)
- Whether her second-place finish in Boston added stress and pressure to Sarah’s running (16:00)
- How Sarah is fitting her new, busier running and racing commitments into her already intense work schedule (19:40)
- What’s next for Sarah Sellers? (23:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
So much baby stuff this week! In addition to settling into our new apartment, there were a whole bunch of baby-related activities on the agenda. On Wednesday night, Brian and I went to a childbirth education class at our midwife’s […]
“It’s hard. I go and put the work in and see a glimmer of hope and then get my butt handed to me a week later. It’s difficult. But I know what I want to do and what I believe […]
“Running is important, but it’s not everything.” —Janae Baron When Janae Baron was on the Ali on the Run Show last December, she was 37 weeks pregnant, so needless to say, she’s seen some big changes now that she has […]
“Expectations obviously are higher now. But I put them on myself.” —Allie Kieffer When Allie Kieffer was on Episode 46 of the Ali on the Run Show last November, she was fresh off a fifth-place finish at the 2017 TCS […]
“I felt relieved. I knew mentally and physically, I was not ready to be on that starting line.” —Michele Gonzalez The last time Michele Gonzalez (AKA “NYC Running Mama”) was on the show, she was gearing up to run the […]
“I don’t think I’ll ever retire. If something motivates me, I want to go for it.” —Kara Goucher Kara Goucher is back on the Ali on the Run Show, talking about her new book, Strong, how keeping a confidence journal changed her […]
The last week of the second trimester! I barely know what day it is right now. Life has been so crazy lately, and we moved this week, so I don’t really know. But here’s how the last week of the […]
“I now live in a barn with an elderly schnauzer, surrounded by goats.” —Emily Halnon Emily Halnon was the very first guest on the Ali on the Run Show, and now she’s back to kick off What’s New With You […]
“It’s never too late to do what you wanted to do growing up. But it’s not going to come easy, and no one’s going to hand it to you.” —Katie Burke Katie Burke is the Chief People Officer at HubSpot, […]