Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 22, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 144: Sara & Ryan Hall
- May 15, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 142: Jen Ator, Women's Running Editor in Chief
- May 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 140: Carolyn Su, Creator of @diversewerun
“I don’t think I’ll ever retire. If something motivates me, I want to go for it.” —Kara Goucher
Kara Goucher is back on the Ali on the Run Show, talking about her new book, Strong, how keeping a confidence journal changed her life, and where her running career is at right now. She also talks about the current state of women’s running, and reflects on how choosing to have a child at the height of her professional running career affected her job. Plus, she answers the two questions everyone keeps asking: Is she retired, and does she want more kids?
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Kara dishes about her new book, Strong, and how keeping a confidence journal has changed her life (2:00)
- Kara recounts her performance at this year’s Grandma’s Marathon, and reflects on the highs and lows of the day (7:30)
- Kara opens up about what it’s like when your competitor has an amazing day and you have a less-than-stellar one (13:10)
- Where Kara’s at with her running career right now (17:40)
- What it’s like watching American women dominate on the roads and track right now (20:15)
- Kara talks about running during and after pregnancy, and why she returned to running so soon after giving birth to her son, Colt (26:30)
- How choosing to have a child actually affected Kara’s professional running career (32:35)
- Whether Kara still wants to dabble in ultra running (38:00)
- Is Kara retired? (40:00)
- Does Kara want more kids? (42:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
The last week of the second trimester! I barely know what day it is right now. Life has been so crazy lately, and we moved this week, so I don’t really know. But here’s how the last week of the […]
“I now live in a barn with an elderly schnauzer, surrounded by goats.” —Emily Halnon Emily Halnon was the very first guest on the Ali on the Run Show, and now she’s back to kick off What’s New With You […]
“It’s never too late to do what you wanted to do growing up. But it’s not going to come easy, and no one’s going to hand it to you.” —Katie Burke Katie Burke is the Chief People Officer at HubSpot, […]
Before I was pregnant, I remember thinking it was crazy or weird that women always referenced their pregnancy progress in weeks. How did they always know exactly what week they were in? Wasn’t it hard to keep track? And why […]
“I had no idea there was a camera on me. But yes, I have seen all the memes.” — Ryan Linden If Ryan Linden’s last name sounds familiar, that’s because yes, he is married to 2018 Boston Marathon champion Desiree […]
Week 25 was amazing for two big reasons: the giraffe and the movement. First, the giraffe. The long story is here. And when that little rocking giraffe arrived at our apartment in Brian’s arms, I thought I was going to […]
Remember five days ago when Instagram decided to enable the “Questions” feature on Instagram Stories? That was fun! At least for a few minutes, right? I got so many good questions, but fun fact about me (and, I imagine, many […]
“You have to be OK with hearing no, but also not letting that be the last thing that you hear.’” — Tim Murphy Tim and Jessica Murphy are the husband-and-wife team behind BibRave — the Yelp for running races. They’re […]
The first trimester of pregnancy flew by. And after that, the late-teen weeks also seemed to go by at rapid speeds. But now I feel like I’ve been in the early twenties of this pregnancy for 19 months. Everything is […]