- Tuesday night at the races. Just me, my shadow, and a couple dozen smooth-legged dudes. http://t.co/aHNUi3dhNR about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@brian_cristiano tried to insult me by calling me "a damn Thesaurus," but I took it as the best compliment EVER!!!!!! #words about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thanks for stopping by Ali On The Run! Since I started blogging, I’ve written a lot of crap, but I’ve also managed to bang out a few posts I really like. Here are a few of my favorites:
- The post where I finally got to announce that I had been selected as a Run For The Rabbit finalist. After all those weeks where I was blatantly lying to everyone saying I “hadn’t heard anything yet.” I’m sorry. (April 2011)
- The 26 lessons I learned in my 26 years of life. (May 2011)
- The post about the day I finally felt like a runner. (May 2011)
- My Ode to New Runners. (June 2011)
- My story about how I got started running. (June 2011)
- The post about my favorite night ever. (August 2011)
- The post I wrote explaining all the reasons it’s great to run with friends. (August 2011)
- The post where I detailed all the important numbers in my life at the time. (September 2011)
- The post I wrote about how being strong is sexier than being super skinny. (September 2011)
- The post where I finally introduced everyone to my mysterious Handsome Friend. (September 2011)
- The post where I made some wishes on 11/11/11. (November 2011)
- The post I wrote one year after my Run For The Rabbit screen test, when I realized just how much my life had changed in 365 days. (February 2012)
- The post about my decision not to run the Eugene Marathon. It even got picked up and re-published by Runner’s World! (March 2012)
- My reflections on a year of living by myself. (April 2012)
- The post expressing my real feelings about having Crohn’s disease. (May 2012) This remains my most popular post in all my years of blogging. Go figure. Crohn’s.
- The post where I got a little vulnerable about being sick. (August 2012)
- The way I felt when I woke up the morning after Hurricane Sandy hit New York City. (October 2012)
- The post about how my friends and I made PR Lemonade after the New York City Marathon was canceled. (November 2012)
- “Taking Responsibility” — Why reader responsibility is just as important as blogger responsibility. (January 2013)
- “White Flag” — I gave in to being sick. (March 2013)
- “My Birthday Wishes” — I was sick and sad, and my requests were simple. None of them came true in 2013, but we got there in 2014. (May 2013)
- “Used To” — This post is kind of sad. But 2013 was a sad year for me. (June 2013)
- “Here It Is!” — The happy post! The happy post! (June 2013)
- “I Remember” — I had been sick for too long. And I was finally getting better. (July 2013)
- “Things You Maybe Never Knew About Me” — Because it’s good to get to know each other. (October 2013)
- “Survival of the Sickest” — Somehow I was still sick at the start of 2014. It was not a good time for me. (January 2014)
- “!!!” — Yay! (March 2014)
- “The Triumphant Return of Thankful Things Thursday” — Double yay! (March 2014)
- “Changes” — After seven years working for Dance Spirit, I decided to leave and pursue something new. Scary. Exciting. (April 2014)
- “29” — It was my birthday. My last year in my 20s. (May 2014)
- “Why I’m So Glad I Gave November Project A Second Shot” — Seriously, so glad. November Project changed everything for me. (June 2014)
- “A WednesDAY In The Life” — I decided to document my day, and it ended up being a fun one. I met Jason Bateman! (July 2014)
- “This Endless Positivity” — I was shocked to receive the Positivity Award at November Project. It was a huge honor. (August 2014)
- “Are You Serious?!” — Brian and I went to Hawaii for vacation. He proposed. I said “Are you serious?!” (December 2014)
- “Hawaii Part I: Oahu” & “Hawaii Part II: Maui” — A very happy (and champagne-y) recap of the greatest trip ever. (December 2014)
- “My 2014 Game Changers” — All the people, places, and things that made 2014 so special for me. (January 2015)
- “Stop Waiting” — Just read it. Trust me. (January 2015)
- “40 Days to Personal Revolution” recaps — I participated in Baron Baptiste’s 40 Days to Personal Revolution program at my yoga studio. It was life-changing. For real. (February–March 2015)
- “This Is 30″ — It was my birthday, and I took a look back at my twenties. They were so good to me. (May 2015)
- “Do What’s Going To Make You Happy” — I had a revelation. (June 2015)
But of course, all of my actual favorite stuff comes from other people. Elsewhere on the internet, here are a few of my favorite posts…
- “Without Self-Love, I Have Nothing” from Angela at Oh She Glows. I read this post over and over when I was going through a difficult time years ago.
- “Killing Your Job” by Tim Ferriss for Fast Company. It took a long time for me to come around to what Ferriss was saying, and I came up with a million reasons (OK, excuses) why what he wrote wouldn’t work for me. Eventually I gave in. This is good stuff.
- “Jamie and Jeff’s Birth Plan” for McSweeney’s. I don’t have kids. I definitely don’t have a birth plan. But this is so so funny.
- “Adventures in Depression” and “Depression Part Two” by Allie at Hyperbole and a Half. I was in a similar place once, and when I couldn’t put words or drawings to my thoughts, Allie did.
- “My Addiction to Exercise Permanently Damaged My Body. But It Also Taught Me How to Love Myself” by Tara Fuller for Greatist. So many people need to read this.
- “The Baby-Sitters Club: Where Are They Now?” for The Hairpin. If you know me, you know I’m a Stacey and I was obsessed with The BSC during my younger years. This is brilliant.
- “Would I do it all over again or skip over the hard part?” from Janae at Hungry Runner Girl. Great perspective, girl. Love her.
- “21 Ways The Oregon Trail Traumatized You As A Child” for Buzzfeed. Yup.
- “I Just Watched The Notebook and Am Here to Ruin It for You” for Jezebel. So funny. So so so funny. But wait, there’s more…
- “I Rewatched Love Actually and Am Here to Ruin It for All of You” for Jezebel. Even better.
- “Let’s Get Drinks” for The New Yorker. Oh so spot on.
- This amazing yoga video.
- “Top 10 Signs Marathon Training Has Taken Over Your Life” from Lauren at Health on the Run.
- “Make Yourself Passionate” from Page at Twenty-Six & Then Some.
- “A Runner’s Engagement Story” from Page at Twenty-Six & Then Some. Wicked cute story — she barfed, he proposed.
- “On Body Confidence” from Lindsay at Lindsay Runs.
- “Stop Telling Me To Stop Running” from Megan at The Runner’s Kitchen.
- “Guilt Trip? No Thanks” from Megan, again, at The Runner’s Kitchen.
- “This Is Who I Am” from Page at Twenty-Six & Then Some.