Subscribe to my Blog!Enter your email address below:
Follow Me – AliOnTheRun1
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- November 30, 2012 by Ali'Tis The Season To Be Giving (So How About An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway?)
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
Thanks for stopping by Ali On The Run! Since I started blogging, I’ve written a lot of crap, but I’ve also managed to bang out a few posts I really like. Here are a few of my favorites:
- My Ode to New Runners.
- The post where I finally got to announce that I had been selected as a Run For The Rabbit finalist. After all those weeks where I was blatantly lying to everyone saying I “hadn’t heard anything yet.” I’m sorry.
- The 26 lessons I learned in my 26 years of life.
- My story about how I got started running.
- The semi-pissed off post I wrote about having Crohn’s disease.
- The post where I realized that running has taken over my life — and where I realized that I’m completely fine with it.
- The post about the day I finally felt like a runner.
- The post that I wrote when I was a month away from running the Hamptons Marathon. Everything was coming together brilliantly and I was so freakin’ excited about the race.
- The post about my favorite night ever.
- The post I wrote explaining all the reasons it’s great to run with friends.
- The post where I kind of freaked out about the Hamptons Marathon.
- The post where I detailed all the important numbers in my life at the time.
- The post I wrote about how being strong is sexier than being super skinny.
- The Thankful Things Thursday series, which I thought would be fun once and has become a mainstay here in Ali Land.
- My Hamptons Marathon recap. The day I became a marathoner. I smiled at the start line, hated running at mile 20 and finished feeling like the happiest girl in the world.
- The post where I finally introduced everyone to my mysterious Handsome Friend.
- The post where I made some wishes on 11/11/11.
- The post in which I demanded people indulge without guilt during the holidays.
- The post I wrote one year after my Run For The Rabbit screen test, when I realized just how much my life had changed in 365 days.
- The post about my decision not to run the Eugene Marathon. It even got picked up and re-published by Runner’s World!
- My reflections on a year of living by myself.
- The post expressing my real feelings about having Crohn’s disease.
- The post where I outlined my blogging promises to you.
- The post where I got a little vulnerable about being sick.
- The way I felt when I woke up the morning after Hurricane Sandy hit New York City.
- The post about how my friends and I made PR Lemonade after the New York City Marathon was canceled.
But of course, all of my actual favorite posts come from other bloggers. I’m constantly inspired by other runners, bloggers, Ironman finishers and people who do impressive things.
Here are some of my favorite posts from a few of my favorite bloggers:
- I Wonder… from Susan at Nurse on the Run
- Top 10 Signs Marathon Training Has Taken Over Your Life from Lauren at Health on the Run
- Make Yourself Passionate from Page at Twenty-Six & Then Some
- A Runner’s Engagement Story from Page at Twenty-Six & Then Some (Wicked cute story — she barfed, he proposed)
- On Body Confidence from Lindsay at Lindsay Runs
- How Runners Rock a Thursday Night from Lindsay at Lindsay Runs
- Stop Telling Me To Stop Running from Megan at The Runner’s Kitchen
- Guilt Trip? No Thanks from Megan, again, at The Runner’s Kitchen
- This Is Who I Am from Page at Twenty-Six & Then Some
Want even more to read? Here are a few more of my favorite, Ali-approved blogs.