Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Last year, Carly Gill fell just two minutes short of her goal of qualifying for the Olympic Marathon Trials. On thi… https://t.co/4shPKggSF2 about 17 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- There were truly days I wasn’t convinced I’d make it to one. There were days — months — spent convincing myself I h… https://t.co/56CpafvU0f about 11 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
Author Archives: Ali
1210 post(s) found
“I was like, ‘I need more friends, so I’m going to start running. Everyone looks like they’re having a good time — maybe I can have a good time!’” Jes Woods is always. smiling. And she has good reason to […]
It’s funny how quickly things can change — and change again. I wrote this post after a tough weekend. Today, Tuesday, as I’m finally getting around to hitting “publish,” I’m already feeling so much better about everything, at least for […]
“I started considering the amazing potential outcomes instead of the worst possible ones.” At some point last year, I realized my once stellar confidence had taken a major hit — so I took action. I started making big and small […]
Annie is six weeks old! Her current interests include sleeping, not sleeping, pooping, not pooping, and making funny faces. And while no day yet has been easy, every day has gotten easier. I’m more comfortable, more confident — and then the […]
“And then somebody comes by, stops, looks me in the eye and goes, ‘Wow! You can do it, buddy!’ And it was in that moment I realized that I wasn’t running. I also realized I wasn’t jogging. I was barely […]
We did it! We all survived the first month with a newborn! I honestly can’t believe Annie is already one month old. But, and I know I keep saying this, it also seems like a billion years ago that I […]
“It was like he was the deep breath, and I was the emergency barf bag.” I had a baby! On this episode, I’m joined by a very special guest: Annie Leigh Cristiano. Annie was born on October 16, 2018, at […]
“I had already gotten so far, and I just wasn’t willing to look back. That involved pushing my comfort zone and doing something I maybe wasn’t the best at.” —Emily Abbate Emily Abbate is a freelance writer, editor, and content […]
“When I think something is hard or challenging, I think of how I’m going to grow from it.” —Stephanie Bruce Happy TCS New York City Marathon Week! The professional field is stacked this year, and among the top competitors is […]
On one hand, it feels like Annie just made her grand entrance. (She’s two weeks today!) On the other hand, I feel like she’s been here forever. She has already grown and changed so much, and in the 14 days since […]