- Parents are here for Thanksgiving. Instead of cooking the elaborate meal I promised, I got drunk & ate chips. about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Oh Road Trip is on! Is that movie any good?" —Mom 09:43:09 PM November 26, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Evidently my parents have never heard Adam Sandler's Thanksgiving Song. Haven't heard them giggle like this in a long time. 09:22:44 PM November 26, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My dad thinks the star of The Good Wife is Nancy Kerrigan. HAHAHAHA. 09:17:44 PM November 26, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
- November 21, 2014 by AliDon't You Forget About Me
- November 5, 2014 by Ali“This Isn’t Steamtown”: My New York City Marathon 2014 Recap
- October 21, 2014 by Ali10 Reasons The Runner's World Half Marathon & Festival Was Wonderful (Plus A Giveaway!)
- October 15, 2014 by AliSteamtown Marathon Recap
- October 11, 2014 by AliOne More Day I Get To Run
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
All About Ali
Thanks for stopping by Ali On The Run! Here’s what you need to know about me…
1. I love running. I never thought I would say that. I started running in the summer of 2008, my first summer living in NYC. When I got started, I could run about 2 blocks. Then I built up to 2 miles. I ran my first race, the FITNESS Mind, Body & Spirit 4-miler, in Central Park in September 2008. From there, I signed up for my first half marathon and have since completed a whole bunch of other races. My latest — and greatest — running accomplishment was completing my first marathon in September 2011.
2. I have Crohn’s Disease. I’ve was diagnosed when I was 7, so I’ve pretty much had it my whole life. In 2010 I had several bad flare-ups, but I’m learning more about my body and how to deal every day. Despite having this autoimmune disease, I consider myself to be a very healthy person. I wrote an article for The Frisky about my life with Crohn’s. Read it here!
3. I’m originally from New Hampshire. I grew up in a small town called Contoocook — talk about different from NYC! — then went to college in Connecticut. I graduated in 2007 then made the move to NYC. It was the best decision I ever made. I love it here!
4. I’m terrified of hairless cats, kinesio tape and snakes. I know, the kinesio tape one is a little weird, but it’s because it looks like a snake.
5. I used to be a dancer. I grew up competing in tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, musical theater… You name it, I was obsessed with it. When I went to college, I joined the kickline team and was a captain my senior year (the year we took home our first big win at competition!). Now I’m extremely lucky because I’ve managed to make a career out of my love for dance.
6. I eat what I want. I don’t believe in dieting. I do believe in finding a healthy lifestyle that satisfies you. For me, that means being aware of what I’m putting into my body — be it homemade trail mix (cereal, raisins, almonds, dry roasted peanuts and dark chocolate M&Ms, yum!), clementines and apples, or brownies and chocolate chip cookies. I love vegetables, I love pasta and I love ice cream. I give into cravings, I don’t look at foods as being “good” or “bad” and I don’t believe in punishing yourself based on what you eat. Life’s too short not to eat Moose Tracks.
7. I’m an early-riser. A 5 AM alarm doesn’t scare me — it invigorates me. I’m at my best between the hours of 6 and 11 AM.
8. I’m as Type-A as they come. I love making lists, being on time and keeping everything in its place. I cannot start my day unless the bed is made.
9. My celebrity crush is Will Ferrell. I will take him over Brad Pitt or Ryan Reynolds any day. (Though, please, may I have all three?) The keys to my heart are laughter and food.
10. I love meeting new people! I also love asking them tons of questions and learning all about them. So please, introduce yourself! I can’t wait to get to know you.
Contact me at email@example.com.