Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
- July 31, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 160: Kaitlin Goodman, Professional Runner for the Boston Athletic Association
- July 24, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 159: Mirinda Carfrae, 3-Time Ironman World Champion
“It’s still really unreal to me that I get paid to run. Running is something that I would do anyway. It’s not a job, it’s just a good time!”
It’s been a big summer for Allie Ostrander. The Alaska native graduated from Boise State University, signed her first professional running contract with Brooks Running, and made her pro debut at USA Track & Field Nationals, where she finished fourth in the 3000m steeplechase, landing her a spot on the U.S. team headed to world championships in Doha next month. On this episode, Allie talks about the process of going pro, how she became a steeplechaser, what her first pro race was like, and what’s next.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Allie recaps her fourth-place finish at USATF Nationals (3:00)
- What Allie’s training will look like between now and the world championships in Doha in September (7:30)
- Allie’s decision to go pro, and why she chose to sign with Brooks Running (9:20)
- Allie talks about her life on the trails (17:00)
- What the transition from college to pro life has been like so far, and what Allie is most looking forward to with her new pro lifestyle (19:20)
- Allie reflects on her road to going pro (26:00)
- On that viral Instagram post (29:40)
- Why the steeplechase? (38:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!
Two weeks ago, I randomly decided to document my day. Hooray for the iPhone Notes app! So if you’ve ever found yourself wondering, “What does a day in the life look like for a work-from-home freelance writer and podcast host […]
“As an entrepreneur, just like an athlete, you have to be almost psychotically optimistic. You have to believe, ‘We can do this, we can make it back.’ You have to have that belief because there’s so much headwind.” Husband-and-wife team […]
Ali on the Run Show Episode 160: Kaitlin Goodman, Professional Runner for the Boston Athletic Association
“I didn’t really have the credentials to back up what I wanted to do. I just had a dream and a lot of passion and determination.” If you don’t already know it, remember the name Kaitlin Goodman. Kaitlin is a […]
“When you focus on yourself, you get the best results.” Mirinda “Rinny” Carfrae is a professional triathlete and three-time Ironman World Champion. On this episode, Rinny talks about her road to swim-bike-run domination, and how she went from a scrappy […]
“I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and discovered this tremendous strength that I had. It made me realize that so many of us have amazing gifts within us, but we’re sometimes scared to take that leap — so […]
Annie was born on a sunny Tuesday morning in October, at exactly 39 weeks. Yesterday, on another sunny Tuesday, she turned exactly 39 weeks — nine months — old. She’s been on the outside as long as she was on […]
“I’m wearing these massive pads that are like six inches deep and waddling around the house. I think I thought the first week would be rough. But it was a month out and I’m still rocking these massive pads. I […]
“It’s not sexy, but all the little teeny tiny things add up. Invest in recovery, nutrition, and sleep. That’s where you’re going to see the big gains — even though it’s not as much fun to put on Instagram. You’ll […]
“There’s a fear of the foundation we’re standing on having too many cracks in it.” Dr. Molly Millwood is a clinical psychologist and licensed psychotherapist specializing in marital therapy and intimate relationships. She’s also the author of the just-released book, […]