Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 269: Ali & the Experts with Laura Parrott, Career Coach
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
Ali on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
“There’s this possibility to live with this duality of life. You can both grieve and have a really, truly happy day. You can be really stressed and scared, and also be extraordinarily brave.”
In January, the world truly lost one of the greatest lights and coolest women on the planet: Andrea Halnon, or as she’s known around here, “AndyJHa.” Emily Halnon was the very first guest on the Ali on the Run Show, and is one of my dear friends, and when her mom passed away after a 13-month battle with a rare uterine cancer, it was devastating. On this episode, Emily returns to the show to graciously and openly talk about her badass mom’s amazing legacy, and what the grief process is like. She also talks about how she’ll be bravely and boldly honoring that legacy starting this Saturday: By running 453 miles across the state of Oregon, from the California border to Washington, in an attempt to run the Fastest Known Time (FKT) on the Pacific Crest Trail. In doing so, Emily is also raising money for the Brave Like Gabe Foundation, which supports rare cancer research. CLICK HERE TO DONATE. Let’s see if we can get Emily to $10K by the time she reaches Washington! This one’s for you, AndyJHa. We love you.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for 15% off all wireless headphones.
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!