Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 269: Ali & the Experts with Laura Parrott, Career Coach
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
Ali on the Run Show Episode 264: On the Record with Dana Giordano, Host of More Than Running
“What matters most to me is talking about athletes, especially female athletes, in the way that I would want someone to ask me questions. I want someone to respect me as a whole person and dig a little bit deeper and learn about who I am and what I have to give beyond the typical rote questions we hear over and over again.”
Dana Giordano is a professional middle-distance runner for the B.A.A. and adidas. She’s a 4:34 miler and 15:47 5K runner who ran track and cross-country at Dartmouth College and hopes to compete at the 2021 Olympic Track & Field Trials. In April, Dana added another line to her impressive resume: host of the More Than Running podcast. Dana enters the running podcast space with an inside look at the sport. On this episode, she talks about relatability on the track, inspiration on the run, and how she wants to see the industry improve. She also offers her take on how to make running more accessible, and talks about why it’s so important to share women’s stories and celebrate other women’s successes.
Thank you to Gatorade Endurance for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! Go to gatoradeendurance.com and use code ONTHERUN20 for 20% off your order.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How and why Dana decided to leave her corporate job to become a professional runner (4:00)
- As a podcast host, what’s matters most to Dana? (13:50)
- How Dana sees her role in the running industry (27:00)
- On choosing guests for the show (40:00)
- What Dana’s running looks like right now (56:00)
What we mention on this episode:
“Dana Giordano’s Falmouth Run is For a Greater Cause,” via Citius Mag
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!