Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
- July 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 264: On the Record with Dana Giordano, Host of More Than Running
- July 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 263: Hawi Keflezighi, Founder & CEO of HAWI Management
Ali on the Run Show Episode 251: Courtney Carter, Oiselle Advisor for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
“People have to start looking at what’s going on globally, but also locally. What does your running club look like? Who do the people you run with look like? What are the books you read? Who are they by? These individual decisions and choices that we make all come together and change the landscape.”
You probably know Courtney Carter by her Instagram moniker: EatPrayRunDC. Both on- and offline, Courtney’s work has a major impact on the world. The 10-time marathoner is a former practicing lawyer who now leads diversity initiatives at a large law firm in Washington, DC, and she was recently named Oiselle’s Advisor for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. On this episode, Courtney talks about what that means, what her vision is for both Oiselle and the running community at large, and shares her own running story and goals.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for 15% off all wireless headphones.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why it was a good day for Courtney (2:55)
- What Courtney’s job entails, and her path to her current role (8:00)
- All about Courtney’s role as Oiselle’s Advisor for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (21:20)
- Courtney’s wishes for U.S. distance running right now (32:25)
- Courtney shares her running story (46:50)
What we mention on this episode:
“A Wish for U.S. Running From a Black Marathoner,” by Courtney Carter for Women’s Running
“Let’s Talk About the Word Colorblind,” by Courtney Carter for the Oiselle blog
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!