Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Ali on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
“The best thing that can happen to you is to have all your plans get blown up because then you learn how you react to that.”
Last week, Tracksmith announced it was adding two members to its team: professional athletes Mary Cain and Nick Willis. But Nick and Mary aren’t just figureheads for the brand or sponsored athletes. They’re full-time, salaried employees. On this episode, Lee Glandorf, head of communications at Tracksmith, shares the behind-the-scenes making of those deals, and talks about what hiring Nick and Mary means for both them and for the brand. She also explains why now — in the midst of a global pandemic — was the right time to make these moves. Lee is a former Yale University rower turned runner, who also shares her running story and talks about how, as someone who thrives on lists and plans, she’s adjusting to life right now and finding ways to connect with the community.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Lee is handling this time as a self-proclaimed “control freak” (6:00)
- How Tracksmith pivoted strategies and plans at the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic (12:00)
- All about Tracksmith’s decision to hire professional runners Mary Cain and Nick Willis earlier this month (16:30)
- How Lee fell in love with running (33:00)
- How Lee got her job at Tracksmith (42:50)
What we mention on this episode:
“Mary Cain Announces New Role at Tracksmith,” via Women’s Running
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!