Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
Ali on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
“I didn’t want people to think fun, happy Sasha really has depression and anxiety.”
Sasha Wolff is the founder of Still I Run, a non-profit organization and online community for runners, whose mission is to raise awareness around mental health. On this episode — in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month — Sasha, a mom of two who lives in Michigan, talks openly about her own experiences with depression and anxiety. She opens up about her decision to admit herself to an inpatient facility for treatment, talks about what that was like, and explains what’s in her “mental health care kit.” She also shares the story of how she found running, and why she’s so passionate about running for her own mental health.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for 15% off wireless headphones.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What Mental Health Awareness Month means to Sasha (4:30)
- Sasha shares her mental health story (7:40)
- On the decision to check into a mental health hospital (14:30)
- What’s in Sasha’s “Mental Health Care Kit?” (21:00)
- How running has played a role in Sasha’s mental health journey (30:20)
What we mention on this episode:
Full Circle: From Hollywood to Real Life and Back Again, by Andrea Barber
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!