Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 268: Jenny Simpson
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
- July 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 264: On the Record with Dana Giordano, Host of More Than Running
Ali on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
“I didn’t want people to think fun, happy Sasha really has depression and anxiety.”
Sasha Wolff is the founder of Still I Run, a non-profit organization and online community for runners, whose mission is to raise awareness around mental health. On this episode — in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month — Sasha, a mom of two who lives in Michigan, talks openly about her own experiences with depression and anxiety. She opens up about her decision to admit herself to an inpatient facility for treatment, talks about what that was like, and explains what’s in her “mental health care kit.” She also shares the story of how she found running, and why she’s so passionate about running for her own mental health.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for 15% off wireless headphones.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What Mental Health Awareness Month means to Sasha (4:30)
- Sasha shares her mental health story (7:40)
- On the decision to check into a mental health hospital (14:30)
- What’s in Sasha’s “Mental Health Care Kit?” (21:00)
- How running has played a role in Sasha’s mental health journey (30:20)
What we mention on this episode:
Full Circle: From Hollywood to Real Life and Back Again, by Andrea Barber
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!