Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 260: On the Job with United States Air Force Colonel Shelly Mendieta
- July 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
Ali on the Run Show Episode 233: On the Job with Amanda LaVergne, Broadway Performer
“I’ve trained for Boston… I’ve done a 20-miler before doing two shows of A Chorus Line, which is two hours of standing on your feet and kicking. I’ve done 20-milers before a five-show day at Radio City.”
Amanda LaVergne is a Broadway actress, singer, and dancer. She has performed in Annie and Grease, among many others, and spent a decade performing as Mrs. Claus in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Offstage, Amanda is a 3:07 marathoner, a 1:24 half marathoner, and a running coach. So how do you train for the Boston Marathon while also doing five shows a day at Radio City? How do you run the New York City Marathon fast enough to make it to the theater before a 3 PM curtain? On this episode, Amanda talks about the realities of making it on Broadway and beyond, having thick skin, what auditions are really like, and what it feels like to make your Broadway debut.
Thank you to Tracksmith for sponsoring the On the Job series on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to tracksmith.com/ontherun and use code ONTHERUN15 at checkout for 15% off your first Tracksmith purchase!
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!