Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
Ali on the Run Show Episode 233: On the Job with Amanda LaVergne, Broadway Performer
“I’ve trained for Boston… I’ve done a 20-miler before doing two shows of A Chorus Line, which is two hours of standing on your feet and kicking. I’ve done 20-milers before a five-show day at Radio City.”
Amanda LaVergne is a Broadway actress, singer, and dancer. She has performed in Annie and Grease, among many others, and spent a decade performing as Mrs. Claus in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Offstage, Amanda is a 3:07 marathoner, a 1:24 half marathoner, and a running coach. So how do you train for the Boston Marathon while also doing five shows a day at Radio City? How do you run the New York City Marathon fast enough to make it to the theater before a 3 PM curtain? On this episode, Amanda talks about the realities of making it on Broadway and beyond, having thick skin, what auditions are really like, and what it feels like to make your Broadway debut.
Thank you to Tracksmith for sponsoring the On the Job series on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to tracksmith.com/ontherun and use code ONTHERUN15 at checkout for 15% off your first Tracksmith purchase!
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!