Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 260: On the Job with United States Air Force Colonel Shelly Mendieta
- July 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
Ali on the Run Show Episode 231: Jay Holder, Director of Marketing & Communications at Atlanta Track Club
“Find a way to get people hooked on running. That’s what we need.”
Jay Holder just might love running — the sport itself, plus every single member of the running community — more than any guy I know. Jay is the Director of Marketing & Communications at Atlanta Track Club, which means this week, we’re getting a behind-the-scenes look at what it took to host the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials! Jay talks about the bidding process leading up to the Trials, and shares what, exactly, Atlanta did to show USA Track & Field that they were worthy of hosting one of the greatest weekends in American distance racing. (It involved a 90-page proposal and plan!) Jay, a dad of two, shares stories from the course — which he ran several dozen times before race weekend — and explains what he says is “the best part of the job.” We look back reminiscing about the Trials weekend, and look forward, with some trepidation: The Atlanta Track Club also hosts the Peachtree Road Race, which is the largest 10K in the world that takes place every year on the Fourth of July.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for 15% off wireless headphones. (My favorite is the Aeropex!)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- A bit of background on Jay’s professional career, and what brought him to Atlanta Track Club (6:55)
- The bidding process behind the Olympic Trials, and how Atlanta won the hosting gig (10:00)
- What Jay says is the best part of his job (21:50)
- What race weekend looked like for Jay (28:50)
- What does the current state of the world mean for the 2020 Peachtree Road Race?
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
- Support on Patreon
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!