Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
Ali on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
“I know I wasn’t a favorite, but I felt that if a door opened, I was fully ready to sprint through it.”
When Kaitlin Goodman, a 2:32 marathoner who runs for adidas and the Boston Athletic Association, arrived at the start line of the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials, she felt fit, strong, and ready to race. Kaitlin was ranked 29th in the field of more than 500 women, and she was in Atlanta to be at the front of the race. But just half a mile into the 26.2-mile run, Kaitlin fell, and in an instant, her dreams of finishing at the top of the field were shaken. On this episode, Kaitlin vividly recounts what the day was like for her. (Warning: This one is a tear-jerker.) At the end of the episode, Kaitlin — who holds a master’s in public health from Brown University and is a consultant in the field — shares what she wishes everyone understood about the current state of the world and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Kaitlin is feeling post-Trials (5:55)
- Kaitlin recaps her race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials (12:00)
- On recovering from the race (40:35)
- Kaitlin talks about COVID-19 from the perspective of a public health professional (46:00)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!