Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
“I know I wasn’t a favorite, but I felt that if a door opened, I was fully ready to sprint through it.”
When Kaitlin Goodman, a 2:32 marathoner who runs for adidas and the Boston Athletic Association, arrived at the start line of the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials, she felt fit, strong, and ready to race. Kaitlin was ranked 29th in the field of more than 500 women, and she was in Atlanta to be at the front of the race. But just half a mile into the 26.2-mile run, Kaitlin fell, and in an instant, her dreams of finishing at the top of the field were shaken. On this episode, Kaitlin vividly recounts what the day was like for her. (Warning: This one is a tear-jerker.) At the end of the episode, Kaitlin — who holds a master’s in public health from Brown University and is a consultant in the field — shares what she wishes everyone understood about the current state of the world and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Kaitlin is feeling post-Trials (5:55)
- Kaitlin recaps her race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials (12:00)
- On recovering from the race (40:35)
- Kaitlin talks about COVID-19 from the perspective of a public health professional (46:00)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!