Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
Ali on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
“It’s really a lesson in humans and human activity.”
Welcome to the On the Job series on the Ali on the Run Show! Every Tuesday for the next seven weeks, we’ll meet cool women with interesting, fascinating, unique, badass jobs. They’ll talk about how they got into their respective fields, what their jobs entail, why their work matters, and why they’ve pursued their passions. Plus, they’re all runners, so they’ll talk about how running fits into their busy lives. First up: Rachel Dewan. Rachel is an archaeologist who spends her summers in Greece, digging for artifacts and studying ancient cultures from 4,000 years ago. (The Minoan culture, specifically.) It’s her job to dig up material culture and try to make sense of it all. On this episode, she talks about what, exactly, it means to be an archaeologist (she’s not Ross from Friends!), what it’s like on a dig, and what being on a dig actually means.
Inspired? Me, too! This November, Rachel will be leading a trip combining both her passions: running and archaeology. This 8-day running tour of Greece (led by Rachel and a fellow archaeologist and art historian) will end with the Athens Marathon. Between runs, you’ll explore historic places and great food. Check it out here!
Thank you to Tracksmith for sponsoring the On the Job series on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to tracksmith.com/ontherun and use code ONTHERUN15 at checkout for 15% off your first Tracksmith purchase!
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!