Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 263: Hawi Keflezighi, Founder & CEO of HAWI Management
- July 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 262: On the Record with Chris Chavez, Host of the Citius Mag and Runners of NYC Podcasts
- July 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 261: Jess Sims, Peloton Instructor
- July 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 260: On the Job with United States Air Force Colonel Shelly Mendieta
- July 5, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 259: On the Record with the Hosts of Keeping Track
Ali on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
“I’m not going to throw a pity party. I’m celebrating this day. I was a part of history.”
It’s so hard to believe it’s been nearly a month since we were all in Atlanta for the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials — truly the good old days! And I want to keep remembering and celebrating those days. Andrea Toppin is a chiropractic student and elite marathoner for Oiselle who trains with the Minnesota Distance Elite — and she didn’t have the race of her dreams that day in Atlanta. On this episode, Andrea shares her story, opens up about the tough decision to DNF at the Trials, and talks about her outlook moving forward. (Spoiler: One race does not define you as a runner or as a human!)
Thank you to the Atlanta Track Club for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! The Atlanta Track Club is proud to host the AJC Peachtree Road Race — the largest 10K in the world! — every year on the Fourth of July. The lottery for this year’s race is NOW OPEN, so head to ajc.com/peachtree to enter!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Andrea recaps her race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials (7:10)
- What’s next for Andrea? (39:30)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!