Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
“I viewed myself as a runner my whole life. That was my main identity. And so when I started considering the possibility that that might be taken away from me, I just felt this grief I didn’t even know how to handle yet, of who are you if you’re not a runner?”
Even if you don’t know Dr. Jacqueline Alnes by the name, you definitely know her work. She’s the woman behind the “tiny art” paintings you’ve seen all over Instagram featuring inspiring women from within the running community. (You can buy her prints on Etsy here!) Jacqueline is a creative writing professor in Pennsylvania, and on this episode, she opens up about the neurological disorder that left her passing out on the run as a Division-I athlete in college — and talks about how she came back and rediscovered her love for running.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why Jacqueline is training to run the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon in honor of the Brave Like Gabe Foundation (5:10)
- Jacqueline explains the neurological disorder she’s been experiencing since college (8:20)
- What Jacqueline’s health and running are like today (26:35)
- The story behind Jacqueline’s “tiny art” on Instagram (31:00)
- The app that helped Jacqueline get over a bad breakup (41:40)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!