Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 211: Veronica Jackson & Alex Bernardi, Olympic Trials Qualifiers
“The only reason this was my goal is because it was her goal. I only have this dream because she was crazy enough to dream it first.” —Veronica Jackson
Veronica Jackson and Alex Bernardi are among the 500+ women who will be running the U.S. Olympic Trials Marathon this weekend in Atlanta, GA. They’re longtime training partners, and on this episode, they talk about the power of running friendships, and the effects your best running friends can have on your goals. Today, Alex and Veronica live in separate cities — Veronica in Boston where she’s an attorney at the Partners Healthcare Hospital System, and Alex in New York City, where she’s a research associate at a nonprofit — but we got together in person to record this episode (after they finished their 20-miler, of course).
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Alex and Veronica were feeling two weeks out from the Trials (7:30)
- Alex reflects on qualifying for the 2016 Olympic Trials (8:30)
- What does it mean to each of them to get to run the Trials? (14:00)
- Alex talks about her postpartum running experience, and shares how she qualified for the Trials again after having her son (16:20)
- #TBT: Alex and Veronica share the story of how they met, and the importance of running friendships (19:50)
- How moving out of NYC affected Veronica’s training (34:15)
- How Veronica found new running buddies in Boston (52:00)
- How Veronica and Alex support each other from afar, and what the OTQ community is like (56:15)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!