Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 210: Elle Purrier, Indoor Mile American Record Holder
“It’s a pretty misunderstood lifestyle. Unless you’re in it, you don’t really have a clue what it’s like to do it or why you would do it, because it’s so much work. But the people who have a passion for it would never change that.”
Earlier this month, Elle Purrier won the Wanamaker Mile at the Millrose Games in New York City. In the process, she set a new American record in the indoor mile (4:16.85), broke a 37-year-old record, ran an 8-second personal best time, and ran the second fastest indoor mile in history. On this episode, Elle, who runs for New Balance, talks about that day, and reflects on her indoor season before she begins training for outdoor season — and the 2020 Olympic Track & Field Trials. She also talks about growing up on a dairy farm in Vermont, and how that impacted her work ethic.
Thank you to the Atlanta Track Club for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! Go to atlantatrackclub.org to sign up for this weekend’s Publix Atlanta 5K, where you can finish in the same spot as the men and women running the Olympic Trials Marathon the day before!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Recapping Elle’s amazing race at the 2020 Millrose Games (3:00)
- Recapping the next week’s USATF indoor championships in Albuquerque, where Elle ran the 3000m (11:00)
- Elle sounds off on her competition (19:15)
- What’s next for Elle, and how does outdoor training compare to indoor training? (20:30)
- On growing up on a dairy farm in Vermont (22:45)
- A closer look at Elle’s training, and looking back at the 2019 Fifth Avenue Mile (28:30)
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!