Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
- July 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 264: On the Record with Dana Giordano, Host of More Than Running
- July 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 263: Hawi Keflezighi, Founder & CEO of HAWI Management
Ali on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
“It showed Pat my worst side, and what I’m like when I’m not my happy self.”
Gwen Jorgensen won gold at the 2016 Olympic Games in the triathlon, and then decided she wanted to trade in the bike and the swim for a while to see how she could fare as a professional distance runner. Today, Gwen trains with the Bowerman Track Club, and is gearing up to compete at the 2020 Olympic Track & Field Trials in the 5K and 10K. And her husband, Pat Lemieux, will be by her side every step of the way. Pat was a professional cyclist, but after meeting Gwen and getting serious with their relationship, he decided to put his career aside so he could fully support her in hers. On this episode, they talk about that decision, and what it looked like then vs. now, when Gwen is in a different phase of her career and they have a son, Stanley.
Thank you to UCAN for sponsoring this episode of Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Gwen and Pat met (2:40)
- How important was it to each of them to have a relationship with a fellow athlete? (10:20)
- Pat’s decision to leave his career as a professional cyclist in order to support Gwen in her career (13:00)
- On the decision to have a baby (25:00)
- The biggest challenges Pat and Gwen face in their relationship (33:25)
- Gwen’s decision to train for the 2020 Olympic Track & Field Trials (36:30)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @aliontherun1
- Like the Facebook page
- Join the Facebook group
- Twitter @aliontherun1
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!