Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Ali on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
“The goal isn’t to stop feeling anxious or to judge yourself for it. That’s like saying, ‘Oh, it shouldn’t be raining.’ But it is. So now what?”
Rachel Gersten is a New York City-based licensed therapist, and is the co-founder of Viva Wellness. On this episode — perfect for the new year! — she dishes out advice about dealing with burnout, anxiety, and what to do when you realize you have no idea what you want to do with the rest of your life. She also talks about her lifelong battle with chronic pain, and how running more than 150 races, including marathons, has actually helped her cope with the pain.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What does it actually mean to be a wellness coach? (2:30)
- Why are most people going to therapy these days? (10:30)
- What to do when you realize you’re not sure what you want to be when you grow up (18:00)
- What do appointments with Rachel look like? (24:25)
- On chronic pain, and becoming a runner (34:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!