Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 27, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 242: Shalane Flanagan
- May 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 241: On the Job with JoMarie Flores, Funeral Director
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
Ali on the Run Show Episode 194: Sarah Grooms, Rockette Turned Marathoner
“In dance, you’re kind of always told what to do, how to do it, how perfect it has to be. Running has been a way for me to let all of that go.”
Sarah Grooms spent 13 years doing hundreds of eye-high kicks a day as a Radio City Rockette. On this episode, she talks about everything you’ve ever wanted to know about performing at one of the world’s most famous venues (including how Radio City’s famous camels get their exercise between shows!), and explains why she decided to hang up her heels last year in favor of running shoes. Today, Sarah is a certified personal trainer, and is a fitness instructor at Precision Run in New York City and obé Fitness online — and she’s a marathoner!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Sarah reflects on her 13-year tenure as a Radio City Rockette (5:50)
- On getting — and then losing — the dream job (12:50)
- What it’s like performing at Radio City Music Hall (16:40)
- What don’t audiences see from the Radio City Rockettes? (20:00)
- The physical demands of being a Rockette (33:15)
- Why Sarah decided to retire from the Rockettes — and how she became a runner (38:00)
- What’s next for Sarah? (46:40)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!