Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Ali on the Run Show Episode 194: Sarah Grooms, Rockette Turned Marathoner
“In dance, you’re kind of always told what to do, how to do it, how perfect it has to be. Running has been a way for me to let all of that go.”
Sarah Grooms spent 13 years doing hundreds of eye-high kicks a day as a Radio City Rockette. On this episode, she talks about everything you’ve ever wanted to know about performing at one of the world’s most famous venues (including how Radio City’s famous camels get their exercise between shows!), and explains why she decided to hang up her heels last year in favor of running shoes. Today, Sarah is a certified personal trainer, and is a fitness instructor at Precision Run in New York City and obé Fitness online — and she’s a marathoner!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Sarah reflects on her 13-year tenure as a Radio City Rockette (5:50)
- On getting — and then losing — the dream job (12:50)
- What it’s like performing at Radio City Music Hall (16:40)
- What don’t audiences see from the Radio City Rockettes? (20:00)
- The physical demands of being a Rockette (33:15)
- Why Sarah decided to retire from the Rockettes — and how she became a runner (38:00)
- What’s next for Sarah? (46:40)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!