Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 267: Catching Up with Emily Halnon
- July 26, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 266: On the Record with Mario Fraioli, Host of The Morning Shakeout
- July 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 265: Catching Up with Chris Heuisler
- July 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 264: On the Record with Dana Giordano, Host of More Than Running
- July 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 263: Hawi Keflezighi, Founder & CEO of HAWI Management
Ali on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
“When you’re in a powerless position and the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t going to burn bridges. You don’t have many bridges to walk across.”
Phoebe Wright is a former professional middle-distance runner who spent six years competing as a Nike-sponsored athlete. Phoebe, an 800-meter specialist from Tennessee, became a five-time national champion before retiring after the 2016 Olympics. On this episode, she reflects on her time with Nike and talks about some of the big stories in running right now, including #DreamMaternity and Mary Cain. She also talks about confidence, overtraining, and being an advocate for the running industry and its athletes.
Thank you to the New York Road Runners Virtual Turkey Trot 5K for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE to register (it’s free!) and complete your Turkey Trot anytime between November 23 and December 1. Everybody’s doing it!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Phoebe reflects on her six years as a Nike athlete (4:45)
- Phoebe’s take on the #DreamMaternity coverage (13:10)
- Phoebe discusses the recent Mary Cain story about Mary’s time working with Alberto Salazar and Nike (18:40)
- Phoebe talks about training with Brooks (21:50)
- On being an advocate, confidence, and having thick skin (27:45)
- Phoebe talks about her experience with overtraining (30:45)
- All about being a pharmacist! (35:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!