Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Ali on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
“I think kindness can solve a lot of problems.”
Last year, Carly Gill made a goal to qualify for the Olympic Trials in the marathon. She ran CIM in December 2018 — and came up just two minutes short of her goal. So this year, Carly was ready to get stronger, faster, and fitter, and again chase down an OTQ time of 2:45 or faster. On this episode, Carly talks about her dream come true: running a 2:42 at the Berlin Marathon, and officially qualifying to run the Olympic Marathon Trials in Atlanta in February 2020. She talks about the mental side of training and racing, and shares her take on expectations, disappointment, and how to emotionally recover after a race. Carly is a freelance TV producer living in Brooklyn, NY.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Carly reflects on running an Olympic Trials qualifying time at the Berlin Marathon (2:45)
- On running most of the race surrounded by men (23:00)
- Carly revisits the heartbreaks on the way to her 2:42 marathon, and talks about putting her goals out there publicly (29:00)
- How Carly went from running a 6:14 mile to running 26.2 of them at 6:10 pace (35:00)
- A look at Carly’s Berlin training cycle, and how it was different than past marathon training cycles (42:40)
- Carly talks about joining a team — or not joining a team (52:00)
- Carly talks about life as a freelance television producer (59:30)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!