Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Ali on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
“The way that I’m training is good for my soul right now.”
Carrie Tollefson is a professional middle-distance runner and Olympian turned mom of three, broadcaster, race analyst, podcast host, running camp director, and so much more. Most recently, the former 1500-meter specialist added another impressive title to her list: 2:51 marathoner. Six years ago, Carrie was four months postpartum and ran her first marathon in an astonishing time of 3:02. She made a goal to someday run a sub-3:00 marathon, and this was her year. On this episode, the Minnesota native and host of C Tolle Run talks about her somewhat unconventional training methods, why this was the time to pursue her marathon dreams, and what it meant to her to race in a Brave Like Gabe singlet.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring this episode of Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Carrie breaks down her 2:51 at the Twin Cities Marathon, and shares why she decided to run a marathon this year (5:35)
- Why Carrie says her race was “surprising” to her (12:00)
- What it meant to Carrie to run in a Brave Like Gabe singlet (18:15)
- Where does Carrie see herself in the sport right now? And where does she want to be and go? (28:30)
- What a day in Carrie’s life looks like, and when she gets her runs in (38:45)
- How Carrie got into broadcasting (44:30)
- Carrie revists her list of goals from two years ago! (1:04:04)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!