Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Ali on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
“That’s running — all of us are having major fails along the way! That’s what keeps bringing us back. We’re chasing that perfect race and that perfect day.”
This past weekend, Janae Baron — Hungry Runner Girl — ran a 2:49 at the St. George Marathon. It was a 9 minute 55 second personal best time at the distance. It took Janae nine years to go sub-3:00 in the marathon. Last year, she ran a 2:59 — and thought she was good, done, and satisfied. Her potential, she thought, had been reached. But then: a 2:49, just one year later. On this episode, Janae recaps this breakthrough race, sharing every detail of the weekend, including what it was like being part of the elite start (and getting her own fuel and hydration bottles on the course!). She talks about how, exactly, she’s gotten faster, and about joining a team and what that looks like. (She now trains with a group of “big dreamers,” she told me.) Janae also opens up about what it’s like racing when you’re a public-facing person and have thousands of people following along: Does that add pressure, motivation, or both?
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring this episode of Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Recapping Janae’s 2:49 race at the St. George Marathon (4:00)
- Does being a public person affect Janae on race day? (35:30)
- How Janae went from a 2:59 to a 2:49, and what it’s been like running and training with a team (42:00)
- Janae’s experience experimenting with carb depletion before her race (55:00)
- What it means to Janae to be stubborn about her goals (59:20)
- What’s next for Janae? (1:01:00)
- Janae’s messages to marathoners in all stages this season (1:03:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!