Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Always love getting to write about the @DANCEonFOX winners for @Dance_SpiritMag! https://t.co/syahe1YcDB about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a fun bonus episode out today! I loved talking with this speedy mom-and-daughter duo — they both had huge race… https://t.co/BHil0OromK about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 193: Jenny & Judi Donnelly BONUS EPISODE!
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
Ali on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
“You deserve to be on that starting line. Believe in yourself and your training.”
Molly Bookmyer is a 2:44 marathoner who recently finished third in the U.S. 25K championships. But the road to an Olympic Trials qualifying time hasn’t been easy. On this episode, Molly shares her inspiring story of resilience and positivity. In 2013, Molly’s doctors found a brain tumor and needed to perform brain surgery to remove it. Then, she suffered a seizure while running on the treadmill, and had to have a second brain surgery. After recovering, getting healthy, and getting back on the run, Molly and her now-husband got married. But one week after returning from their honeymoon, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Molly is a force to be reckoned with, on the run and beyond.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring the You Can Run a Marathon series on the Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Molly’s inspiring story (2:05)
- On leaning into running during difficult times (8:50)
- On grieving an injury and healing emotionally (12:15)
- What Molly’s work day looks like right now (15:20)
- Why the marathon? Plus, what Molly’s first marathon training cycle and race looked like (16:10)
- How Molly fuels for marathon training and racing (22:00)
- When Molly realized she had the potential to run an Olympic Trials qualifying time in the marathon (26:00)
- On training in Ohio’s ever-changing weather (34:10)
- What race week looks like for Molly (35:10)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!