Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
Ali on the Run Show Episode 166: Rachel Wyman, Owner of Montclair Bread Company & Founder of Fueled by Doughnuts Run Club
“I was in survival mode. What can I do to pay our rent? What can I do to put food on the table?”
When Rachel Wyman was five months postpartum with her third child, she opened her first bakery: Montclair Bread Company. Then, when the bakery hit 4,000 Facebook likes, Rachel decided she should do something to celebrate the social media milestone. Despite not being a runner and never having run a race herself, she hosted a low-key 4K race that has since grown to become New Jersey’s hardest-to-get-into annual 5K. And Rachel, of course, has become a runner and triathlete along the way. Today, Montclair Bread Company is the town’s go-to destination for runners, and is home to the 2,000-member Fueled by Doughnuts run club. On this episode, Rachel, a mom of three, talks about what it was like working 80-hour weeks while getting her MBA and being the sole income provider for her family of five. (Her final project for her master’s degree was a business plan for a bakery — which she then made into a reality. A+ for Rachel!) She talks about the accident that shattered her pelvis and changed her life, the power of community, and the importance of following your passions and being open to where life takes you.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- The story behind the Fueled by Doughnuts 5K, and how it grew to something huge and amazing (4:45)
- How Rachel started the Fueled by Doughnuts run club, and grew it to more than 2,000 members (18:50)
- On being naturally business-minded (31:10)
- What it feels like walking into her bakery every day (52:50)
- What it was like being on — and winning! — Food Network’s Doughnut Showdown (55:00)
- The accident that shattered Rachel’s pelvis and changed her life (57:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!