Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
Ali on the Run Show Episode 165: You Can Run a Marathon with Chirine Njeim
“I never picture myself at the start or during the race or what I’m doing during the race. I just picture myself finishing. That’s all I can see.”
Chirine Njeim is a four-time Olympian — but the four times she’s represented her home country of Lebanon haven’t all been on the run. Chirine is a former alpine ski racer turned marathon runner. She competed at the Winter Olympics three times, and in 2016 made her Summer Olympics debut in the marathon. Today, Chirine is a 12-time marathoner who has taken her time from 3:07 to 2:39. Chirine lives in Chicago, where she works full-time and trains with the Second City Track Club. On this episode, she shares how a fun run at the Shamrock Shuffle 8K changed her life, and what her training looks like right now as she gears up for the 2019 Chicago Marathon.
Thank you to Generation UCAN for sponsoring the You Can Run a Marathon series on the Ali on the Run Show! Click here and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your order, plus free shipping. (First-time buyers, check out the UCAN Run Starter Pack here, and get 50 percent off.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Chirine got into skiing and running (2:15)
- How Chirine got faster (9:30)
- What Chirine’s marathon training looks like (13:50)
- What Chirine’s diet is like (21:30)
- A look at what a typical race week is like for Chirine (26:45)
- Chirine’s rough races (34:30)
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!