Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Ali on the Run Show Episode 164: Carrie Kreiswirth, Breast Cancer Survivor & Marathoner
“I was letting life pass me by. I had just gone through all of this insanity, and I wasn’t really a participant in my own life. How could I let that happen?”
I first met Carrie Kreiswirth in 2011, when a marketing campaign for a local running store brought us together. Several years later, I saw a photo of Carrie on Facebook. She was bald. What had I missed? In the time since we met, Carrie had tested positive for the BRCA1 gene mutation — the one that raises the probability of developing breast and ovarian cancer — and was diagnosed with stage one triple negative invasive ductal carcinoma. Breast cancer. She underwent chemotherapy and breast reconstruction surgery. She went through the process of having her eggs frozen. And then, the self-proclaimed “non-runner” ran the New York City Marathon. This is a powerful, emotional, and inspirational episode.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your Aeropex wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Carrie shares her breast cancer story, starting from diagnosis (4:50)
- What chemotherapy — and losing her hair — was like, and the aftermath (23:40)
- How Carrie took back control of her life (32:40)
- How Carrie celebrated five years since her cancer diagnosis (42:45)
- Carrie’s message to women facing a scary diagnosis or life change (55:45)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!