Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- PSYCHED ABOUT THIS! Come to the next Ali on the Run Show LIVE event in NYC. I'll be at @nyrr talking with an all-st… https://t.co/59ZxMpOHUx about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Excited to launch the You Can Run a Marathon series on the Ali on the Run Show today. For the next 7 weeks, I'll be… https://t.co/W73HVpG9zD about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I never thought I could run a marathon. I never thought I could survive a 20-mile training run — or TWO 20-mile run… https://t.co/riwoy7DXRf about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 163: You Can Run a Marathon with Alexi Pappas
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
- July 31, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 160: Kaitlin Goodman, Professional Runner for the Boston Athletic Association
Ali on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
“I’m wearing these massive pads that are like six inches deep and waddling around the house. I think I thought the first week would be rough. But it was a month out and I’m still rocking these massive pads. I was never told about that.”
Every week on these Motherhood Mondays episodes, I’ve asked my guests, “Who’s in your village?” I feel so lucky to be able to say that the two women on today’s show — Laura Green and Julia Berteletti — are in my village. Laura lives in Boston, and is mom to 10-month-old Jack. She’s a part-time physical therapist and the “community boss” for November Project, and is “very creative” about how she gets her work hours in while Jack does a part-time nanny share. Julia lives in Denver, CO, is mom to 8-month-old Max, and works full-time in an office while Max is in daycare. On this episode, we talk like we do every day, sharing perhaps too much about everything from breastfeeding, identity loss, and body image, to giving birth, relationships, emotional labor, and that first postpartum poop. We also talk about schedule-related anxiety, postpartum running, and guilt.
Thank you to Sweaty Betty for sponsoring Motherhood Mondays on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to sweatybetty.com and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your purchase.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Getting to know Laura (3:00)
- Getting to know Julia (8:20)
- Breastfeeding and boob stuff (13:20)
- How prepared did we feel for the postpartum period? (21:47)
- Relationship stuff (35:00)
- On postpartum running and body image (55:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!